Enter contests to win great prizes like CDs, DVDs, concert tickets and more
February, despite being the shortest month, is often a hard one. Where I live, any day might be a snow day, with my son home from school and the sidewalks needing to be shoveled. READ MORE.
Our new President promises to "Make America great again." Greatness, I think, is a matter of perspective. Mr. Trump was born into the privileged, wealthy class. From his perspective America used to be great, before all of the liberal laws and freedoms messed it up. READ MORE.
One of the primary purposes of the U.S. Constitution is to establish justice. It's right there in the opening words: "We the people, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice..." READ MORE.
In the sixty-some years I've been out, I've seen more female impersonators than you can shake a rhinestone tiara at. Some great. Some talented. Some gone bonkers. Some now gone bingo. READ MORE.
Hair is a very charged and political thing. It has been since, well, forever. For example, a colleague of mine once called the mullet "the hair cut of the oppressed," pointing out that it was a style most commonly worn by Native Americans, lesbians, and lower socioeconomic whites. It helped me to understand why mullets are so easily ridiculed and the joke suddenly became much less funny. READ MORE.
In the spring of 1949, a doctor examined a newborn baby and proclaimed "it's a boy". That simple statement defined the games and toys I ought to play with, the friends I ought to have, the way I ought to talk, dress, walk, the jobs I ought to have and who I ought to marry. READ MORE.
- EXCLUSIVE: Susan Sarandon on 'Up For Grabs' Sexuality, Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' & Her Response to Those Who 'Blame Me' For the Election
- Making America Hopeful Again: Dustin Lance Black Talks 'When We Rise,' the Power of Collective Protesting & Why He 'Calls Bulls***' on Trans-Evading Hollywood
- 18 Things You Can Do Right Now to Protect LGBTQ Rights Under Donald Trump
- Baptist Pastor Comes Under Fire for Officiating Same-Sex Wedding
- Equality Michigan's New Strategy is Bold Risk in This Political Season
Sign up to receive our weekly newsletters today!
This Week's Issue
Download or view this week's print issue today!