Enter contests to win great prizes like CDs, DVDs, concert tickets and more
With the recent death of Hall-of-Fame baseball player Tony Gwynn due to tobacco-related oral cancer, the public is talking more about the harms associated with tobacco use. While iconically tied to baseball, tobacco use is widespread among Michigan residents. But Michiganders who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender (LGBT) are at an even greater risk of tobacco related health problems. READ MORE.
All the recent hope n' hoopla about gay marriage pretty quickly dissolves when one hears that "progressive, hip" Royal Oak can't keep even the most basic of anti-discrimination ordinances in effect for more than a few weeks. READ MORE.
We are said to be living in the age of reason. Our actions must be based on facts and science and not personal bias as we strive for solutions to our greatest social problems. Fear and ignorance cannot be a justification to continue stigma and stigma cannot be the reason that we, as a society, fail to end this long-standing battle and prevent our community members from the good health we all deserve. READ MORE.
As Oakland County residents prepare to make their choices and cast ballots for the upcoming elections, they would do well to remember how certain county elected officials reacted these past couple of years to the decriminalization of medical marijuana which was passed by overwhelming majorities of Michigan voters. READ MORE.
- Q&A: Lisa Kudrow On Judging 'Drag Race' (As Valerie Cherish!) & Gays Being Biologically 'Superhuman'
- Q&A: Andy Cohen On His (Almost) Tell-All Book, 'Nasty' Names Gays Call Him
- GOP Hopeful Wants 'Christians' Fleeing MI If Gays Get Civil Rights
- Divine Intervention: Bette Midler Talks Early Gay Support, 'Diva' Degradation & Twerking ('Girls, Please!')
- Creep of the Week: Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder
Sign up to receive our weekly newsletters today!
This Week's Issue
Download or view this week's print issue today!