Enter contests to win great prizes like CDs, DVDs, concert tickets and more
With the recent death of Hall-of-Fame baseball player Tony Gwynn due to tobacco-related oral cancer, the public is talking more about the harms associated with tobacco use. While iconically tied to baseball, tobacco use is widespread among Michigan residents. But Michiganders who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender (LGBT) are at an even greater risk of tobacco related health problems. READ MORE.
All the recent hope n' hoopla about gay marriage pretty quickly dissolves when one hears that "progressive, hip" Royal Oak can't keep even the most basic of anti-discrimination ordinances in effect for more than a few weeks. READ MORE.
We are said to be living in the age of reason. Our actions must be based on facts and science and not personal bias as we strive for solutions to our greatest social problems. Fear and ignorance cannot be a justification to continue stigma and stigma cannot be the reason that we, as a society, fail to end this long-standing battle and prevent our community members from the good health we all deserve. READ MORE.
As Oakland County residents prepare to make their choices and cast ballots for the upcoming elections, they would do well to remember how certain county elected officials reacted these past couple of years to the decriminalization of medical marijuana which was passed by overwhelming majorities of Michigan voters. READ MORE.
- Q&A: Lea Michele on Gays in Her Bed, Girl Crushes & Why 'It's So Inspiring' to Watch Old Episodes of 'Glee'
- Melissa Etheridge Talks Donald Trump ('I Will Not Fear This'), Inspiration for Upcoming Songs, the Word 'Woke' & Weed 101
- Kelly Osbourne Talks Being Open to Dating Women ('Never Say Never'), Celebs She Knows Who Use Sexuality For Publicity & Why 'Everybody's Gay'
- Transgender Women of Color Need Access to Public Resources, Better Allies
- Creep of the Week: Ramzan Kadyrov
Sign up to receive our weekly newsletters today!
This Week's Issue
Download or view this week's print issue today!