Enter contests to win great prizes like CDs, DVDs, concert tickets and more
Elaine Stritch: Shoot Me, Y Tu Mama Tambien, The Birdcage READ MORE.
A new documentary from OHO Media titled "Transmormon" highlights a young trans woman's self-realization while intimately introducing viewers to her family, her faith and her journey. READ MORE.
I remember the uncomfortable walks to the bus stop. Cradling my baby brother for the first time. How my mom would lick her hand to fix my hair. I can still feel the tightness in my chest if I think hard enough to recall the details of the day my dad tried to overdose on pain killers (I don't like to recall this). And I won't forget the times I pretended to "study" only because I was the "fag" without any real friends. I had one, though, who was always smiling. Those smiles made me happier than she probably knows. READ MORE.
"Harry Potter empathizes with characters from stigmatized categories, tries to understand their sufferings and to act towards social equality," the study's leader, psychologist told The Huffington Post in an email. "So, I and my colleagues think that empathic feelings are the key factor driving prejudice reduction." READ MORE.
- Q&A: Annie Lennox On Her Legacy, Why Beyonce Is 'Feminist Lite'
- Q&A: Getting To The Core Of Nick Jonas: Abs, Album & That Gay Striptease 'They Made Me Do'
- GOP Hopeful Wants 'Christians' Fleeing MI If Gays Get Civil Rights
- Creep of the Week: Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder
- Q&A: Jenny McCarthy Talks Feminism, Feeling Trans 'Inside' & Sticking To Her Truth
Sign up to receive our weekly newsletters today!
This Week's Issue
Download or view this week's print issue today!