Arts & Entertainment
'I've Never Taken The Kind Of Shit Gay People Take'
By Chris Azzopardi
In 1992, Sinéad O'Connor was at the height of her career following the success of "Nothing Compares 2 U" when, during a one-woman protest against sexual abuse in the Catholic Church, she tore up a pic of Pope John Paul II on "Saturday Night Live." Causing an uproar, and eventually thwarting her pop-culture presence (not that she cared), that defiance would come to define the Irish singer's life and career. Read More
- Q&A: Sinéad O'Connor On How Gays Changed Her Life & Getting Her 'D*ck Hard'
- Remembering Elaine Stritch: 'I Had A Ball In My Life!'
- George Takei's Hopeful Words For Detroit: 'More Power To You!'
- 'Week After Art Fair' Showcases Musical Melting Pot
- Guitarist Bill Kirchen Performs Hometown Show July 31
- Anne Hathaway and Kristen Stewart Don Drag In Jenny Lewis' "Just One of the Guys" Music Video
- Former Detroit Drag Queen's Play Looks At LGBT Issues Through African-American Lens
- Deep Inside Hollywood