Arts & Entertainment
Sochi: Show Your #SignofLove
Join All Out and LUSH Cosmetics To Support Equality In Russia
Originally printed 2/6/2014 (Issue 2206 - Between The Lines News)
This Valentine's Day, with the spotlight on the Sochi Winter Olympics, LUSH Cosmetics has joined with All Out to champion everyone's right to love and stand with all citizens who are calling on the Russian government to stop fueling anti-gay violence.
For the three weeks leading up to Valentine's Day, LUSH is urging the public to show their solidarity by posting selfies wearing the love triangle symbol, painted in pink lipstick, to their social media networks using the hashtag #signoflove. The #signoflove pink triangle is seen as a global sign of LGBT rights.
LUSH is gathering the #signoflove images both electronically and physically in-store to create a photo petition book full of images of people who believe love is an essential human right. On Feb. 14, LUSH staff will take the petition to the Russian Embassies in Washington, D.C. and Ottawa, as well as the Russian Consulate offices in New York, San Francisco, Seattle, Houston, Toronto and Montreal.
"At LUSH we believe that individuality, diversity and freedoms are worth standing up for. We stand alongside the gay community as they strive for universal acceptance. Love is the world's most precious commodity and should never be legislated against," said Hilary Jones, LUSH ethics director.
LUSH is working with non-profit All Out, an organization that's helping people all over the world get the freedom they need to love who they choose. All Out is challenging homophobic laws and attitudes, and is working to end violence and discrimination against the LGBTQ community worldwide.
Consumers can also visit one of the 188 stores in North America to take pictures with the pink #signoflove triangle in-store. Search online for a LUSH store in the the area. There are 4 in southeastern Michigan.http://www.lushusa.com
- BREAKING: Same-Sex Couples Across Michigan Get Hitched
- The Ultimate LGBT Wedding and Anniversary Expo
- Five Ways To Gay Your Wedding Cake
- Home Sweet Homosexual
- W.E.T. Detroit Hosts New Events for Queer Women to Detroit
- Looking For Love (or whatever)? Here's How To Stay Safe
- Seven simple ideas for a romantic Valentine's Day
- Valentine's Day gifts for the eco-minded
- Valentine's Day for the Romantically Challenged
- Cupid Ain't Stupid: Valentine's Gifts That'll Getcha Some
- Outside The Box
- Duneswood Resort
- Embassy Suites Troy
- The Inn on Ferry Street
- Detroit Marriott Livonia
- Park House Inn
- Ameritax Plus
- Kuderik and Associates
- M & M Accounting Corp.
- Subaru-Hodges Imported Cars, Inc
- Grand Traversť Resort & Casinos
- AG Chocolates
- Uptown Bookstores
- Financial Services
- Ameriprise Financial Services Inc.
- Key Financial Services
- Foundations and Funders
- The Forum Foundation
- The HOPE Fund
- Hiller's Markets
- Abracadabra Jewelry / Gem Gallery
- Birmingham Jewelry
- MB Jewelers
- Miner's Den Jewelers
- Tapper's Diamonds & Fine Jewelry
- Water Work Plumbing
- Newmyer Distinctive Remodeling
- Sweet Lorraine's Cafe & Bar
- Tax Planning/Preparation
- Harbour Tax & Accounting
- Wharton Center for Performing Arts
- Wedding Gowns
- B. Ella Bridal
- Health and Wellness
- Pride Guide
- World AIDS Day
- Holiday Gift Guide
- Pride Source Votes