Arts & Entertainment
Wining And Dining To Stop Diabetes
Originally printed 10/31/2013 (Issue 2144 - Between The Lines News)
Metro Detroiters can expect wine, food and more in Birmingham during the annual "Stomp Out Diabetes" - a benefit for the American Diabetes Association - at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 7 at the Townsend Hotel in Birmingham.
Presented by local businesses such as Meijer and the St. John Providence Center for Wound & Hyperbaric Medicine, the event is intended to raise both awareness and funds for the ADA's Southeast Michigan chapter.
Since 1940, the ADA has funded research to prevent, cure and manage diabetes. The charity works to deliver services and provided information to communities affected by the disease.
At the Birmingham event, all guests can anticipate sampling wines from various regions, all expertly paired with a menu prepared by the Townsend's executive chef. A silent auction, entertainment, and more round out the evening. Local 4's Meterologist, Brandon Roux, has Type 1 Diabetes and will be the evening's guest speaker.
A VIP reception that begins an hour before the main event will further the wine theme. Local wine vendors such as Paul Mann Selections, Woodberry Distributors, Great Lakes Wine & Spirits, Regal Kosher Wine Company, Veritas Distributors and Red Wagon Shoppe have provided the opportunity to taste rare, exclusive wines.
"Stomp Out Diabetes is a prestigious event that has raised more than $300,000 for local and national diabetes research and programs, including our kids camp, Camp Midicha," says Mary Riegle, special events director at the American Diabetes Association's Southeast Michigan office. "Beyond having a great time, our mission is to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected with diabetes."
"Stomp Out Diabetes" begins at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 7 at the Townsend Hotel, 100 Townsend St. in Birmingham. The VIP event featuring rare wine begins at 6:30 p.m. Tickets range from $150-275 and can be purchased at http://www.diabetes.org/stompout.For more information on the event, call 248-433-3830, ext. 6688 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ann Arbor VA Offers Dignity To Those Who Served
- Gadgets, Apps Lead the Way In The World Of Fitness
- G.R. Prime Timers Chapter Continues To Grow
- The Classes Continue: Clinical Issues And Sexual Orientation Therapist Trainings at Affirmations
- Local Fitness Center Uses New Machine To Slow Effects of Aging
- Laugh Harder, Smile Brighter
- Get Your Volleyball On
- My Journey To Sobriety
- Wining And Dining To Stop Diabetes
- Signs of Love: Recession-Proof Job And A Website To Learn From
- Training For A New Life
- Dealing With Intimate Partner Violence In Focus
- What Healthcare Reform Means for LGBT Communities
- Panel Sheds Light on Legal Issues for Older Adults
- Agency On Aging: Asking the Right Questions Can Help LGBT Seniors
- Disabled People Need Inclusive Support
- Walking Together
- USAID Announces New Partnership to Promote LGBT Human Rights Abroad
- NHL Partners With Advocacy Group to Stamp Out Homophobia
- Michigan's LGBT Older Adult Movement Moves Forward
- AIDS/HIV Organizations
- AIDS Partnership Michigan
- Detroit Department of Health and Wellness Promotion - HIV/AIDS PROGRAMS
- HIV/AIDS Resource Center (HARC)
- Michigan AIDS Coalition (MAC)
- Animal Shelter
- Humane Society of Huron Valley
- Lynn B. D'Orio, JD, PLC
- Avalon International Breads
- Macomb Bike & Fitness
- Carpeting & Rugs
- Modern Floors Carpet One
- Ann Arbor Saline Family Chiropractic Center
- Arbor Crossing Chiropractic Life Center
- Health Source Chiropractic and Progressive Rehab
- Madison Heights Chiropractic
- Triangle Chiropractic
- Prism of Possibilities Psychotherapy
- Birmingham Maple Clinic
- David Harris Ph. D.
- Denise Joseph, Ph.D.
- Rosemary A. Jozwiak and Associates
- Joe Kort, Ph.D. & Associates, PC
- Short-term Interactive Couple's Therapy
- EMDR Therapy
- Lynn Vaughn, Ph.D.
- Cruise Planners
- Wake's Travel - Cruise Planners
- Irwin Goodman, DDS
- Arbor West Dental
- Bright Side Dental
- Demi C. Kazanis DDS Family & Cosmetic Dentistry
- Thane Ostroth DDS
- Ron T. Williamson DDS
- Electrolysis Clinic of Birmingham
- 59 West
- Hiller's Markets
- Vital Performance
- Todd's Services
- American Mattress Gallery Inc
- New Beginnings Counseling Center
- Crane Optical
- I've Gotta Get Organized, Inc.
- Pet Supplies
- Premier Pet Supply
- Crown Pharmacy
- Northland MB Pharmacy
- Paul Benson, D.O.
- Dr. Curtis Hunt
- Manzo Eye Care
- Physicians/Gynecology & Obstetrics
- Partridge Creek Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Retirement Community
- Sweet Home LLC.
- Safe Sex Store
- Dirty Boyz Play Clean
- Senior Living
- Nannie's Inn - Alternative Senior Housing
- Senior Services
- Nannie's Inn - Alternative Senior Housing
- Lux Laser Spa
- Substance Abuse
- Detroit Department of Health & Wellness Promotion Bureau of Substance Abuse Prevention, Treatment & Recovery
- Erase The Ink MD
- Women's Health
- Planned Parenthood Mid and South Michigan
- Namaste Yoga
- World AIDS Day
- Holiday Gift Guide
- Health and Wellness
- Pride Guide
- Pride Source Votes