Jillian Michaels' 'Maximize Your Life Tour' Heads To Detroit
Fitness Guru's Tour Coming May 9
Originally printed 3/21/2013 (Issue 2112 - Between The Lines News)
Promising an evening of inspiration that will forever motivate and change lives, America's health and wellness guru, Jillian Michaels, will bring her first ever "Maximize Your Life Tour" to the Fox Theatre at 7:30 p.m. May 9.
In this intimate and uniquely personal experience, Jillian shows how to harness your potential, kick-start your goals and live an exceptional life - sharing her keys to health, success and happiness. No hype, no false promises: just results.
"Your health is the platform that your entire life is built upon - from your physical health to your confidence and self-worth, I will give you the skillset, tools and insights to transform any aspect of your life immediately so you realize your true potential and create the future you've dreamed of and deserve," said Jillian in a press release.
Imagine. Believe. Achieve. These three words lay at the core of Jillian's message. In a riveting, two-hour show, Jillian will awaken you to reignite your passion, define your goals and live in your authentic truth. She will teach you how to redefine your self-image, dramatically enhance your confidence and self-worth and blast through all internal and external obstacles.
Finally, Jillian will supply the information and action plan that will empower you to conquer any challenge and achieve every goal. You will learn the science of shedding pounds, the impact of hormones on weight loss and how to bring them back into balance. She demonstrates the how, what and why of workouts, sharing her most effective methods of burning fat and calories. And most importantly, she will teach you how to shift your attitude, behavior and mindset to maximize your life.
Inspiring and motivating initially through television, Jillian Michaels has become the world's leading health and wellness expert. She has appeared on 11 seasons of NBC's "The Biggest Loser," seen in more than 90 countries around the world. As a motivator and role model, Jillian has made a unique connection with her audience, one that stems from her own personal journey.
Before becoming a media sensation, she struggled with her own weight as a teenager. With her empowering information and tools, she now motivates millions through multiple media platforms. Jillian is a New York Times best-selling author, having sold more than 3.5 million books worldwide, including such titles as "Master Your Metabolism" and "Unlimited: How to Build an Exceptional Life." Her newest book "Slim for Life: My Insider Secrets to Simple, Fast, and Lasting Weight Loss" has just been released. In addition, Jillian's DVDs are global bestsellers.
Through extensive charity work, Jillian serves as an ambassador for Stand Up 2 Cancer and the NFL's Play 60. She also works with military families through the USO, and is a champion of the Alliance for a Healthier Generation, a program dedicated to eradicating the childhood obesity epidemic in the United States. In addition, Jillian is a member of the Clinton Global Initiative, working to protect the rights and welfare of children.
Jillian's call to action: "It's time to ask why not you? When are you going to say 'Enough is enough,' and step into the limitless possibility for joy and abundance that your life does hold? If you are a person who feels your health could improve or there is any facet of your life where you feel dissatisfied and unfulfilled, the question is how can you not come to the show?" says Jillian.
Tickets ($35, $55 and $200 VIP) are on sale now at The Fox Theatre and Joe Louis Arena box offices, Hockeytown Authentics in Troy (without service charge), at all Ticketmaster locations and http://www.Ticketmaster.com. To charge tickets by phone, call 800-745-3000.
More Health and Wellness
- Punting With Pride
- Addressing LGBT Health Disparities
- Kicking Detroit's Smoking Habit: Breaking The Cycle
- The Developing World Of Sexual Therapy
- Getting Sober
- Positive Thoughts: Q&A with Mondo Guerra
- Healthcare Coverage Round Two
- Smoking Remains Critical Health Issue For LGBT Michiganders
- 'Trans Girl Next Door' Documents Artist's Transition
- Cervical Cancer Survey Seeks Lesbian And Bisexual Women
- Report: LGBT Seniors Worry About Retirement
- Tips For Beating The Winter Blues
- Lifestyle Tips to Reduce Chronic Inflammation
- Cyber Bullying Higher For LGBT Youth
- Award-Winning Documentary Considers Mormon Trans Woman's Tale Of Transition
- State Rep. Zemke Chats With Craig Fahle About Conversion Therapy Bill
- State Rep. Zemke Introduces Bill To Prohibit Conversion Therapy In Michigan
- Study: PrEP, Taken Regularly, 100 Percent Effective
- Feds Call On States To Revamp HIV Criminal Laws
- HIV Infection Returns to Child Thought To Have Been Cured
- AIDS/HIV Organizations
- AIDS Partnership Michigan
- Detroit Department of Health and Wellness Promotion - HIV/AIDS PROGRAMS
- HIV/AIDS Resource Center (HARC)
- Michigan AIDS Coalition (MAC)
- Iglesia Martell Law Firm PLLC
- Kulas Law Office
- Law Offices of Joelson Rosenberg, PLC
- Christine Yared
- Macomb Bike & Fitness
- Carpeting & Rugs
- Merkel Furniture and Carpet One
- Thomas's Catering
- Triangle Chiropractic
- Prism of Possibilities Psychotherapy
- Birmingham Maple Clinic
- Bloomfield Counseling, P.C.
- David Harris Ph. D.
- Denise Joseph, Ph.D.
- Rosemary A. Jozwiak and Associates
- Joe Kort, Ph.D. & Associates, PC
- Short-term Interactive Couple's Therapy
- Transcendence Behavioral Health
- Cruise Planners
- Wake's Travel - Cruise Planners
- Demi C. Kazanis DDS Family & Cosmetic Dentistry
- Thane Ostroth DDS
- Ron T. Williamson DDS
- Electrolysis Clinic of Birmingham
- Hiller's Markets
- Allstate Insurance
- Todd's Services
- Massage Therapy
- Greenleaf Bodywork
- Crane Optical
- Pet Supplies
- Premier Pet Supply
- Pet Training
- Animal Learning Systems
- Crown Pharmacy
- Northland MB Pharmacy
- Paul Benson, D.O.
- Dr. Curtis Hunt
- Manzo Eye Care
- Physicians/Gynecology & Obstetrics
- Partridge Creek Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Michigan Reproductive Medicine
- Real Estate/Agent
- JCI Realtors
- Substance Abuse
- Detroit Department of Health & Wellness Promotion Bureau of Substance Abuse Prevention, Treatment & Recovery
- Women's Health
- Planned Parenthood Mid and South Michigan
- Namaste Yoga
- Houston Delivers Tough Blow, Repeals Anti-Discrimination Ordinance
- Q&A: Kylie Minogue Talks First Christmas Album, 'Hating' the Boxes People Put Her In & Her Mistletoe Man ('You Should Love Who You Love')
- The Authentic Life: Sarah Paulson Talks 'Carol,' Pressure To Be An LGBT Activist & Why She Misses Jessica Lange
- Q&A: Joe Jonas On Gay Clubbin' With Nick, Flattering Advances & How a Jonas Brothers Reunion Could 'Easily Happen'
- An Open Letter To Dana Nessel, From The Transgender Community of Michigan
Sign up to receive our weekly newsletters today!
This Week's Issue
Download or view this week's print issue today!