GALLERY: Hundreds Gather At Cincinnati Courthouse Rally for Equality
Originally printed 8/5/2014 (Issue 2231 - Between The Lines News)
With the Sixth Circuit Court hearing of DeBoer V. Snyder just a day away, over four hundred LGBT people and their allies have gathered in front of the Cincinnati courthouse for Marriage Ohio's rally in support of marriage equality.
The court will be hearing six same-sex marriage cases from four states and their decisions will impact all four states in the 6th Circuit - so a favorable decision would impact not only Michigan, but Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee.
Several community leaders and plaintiffs of the cases addressed the rally-goers.
"We are Kentucky and our marriages and families deserve respect." said Greg Bourke, plaintiff in Kentucky's Bourke v. Beshear.
Equality Michigan Executive Director Emily Dievendorf also spoke.
"This is about being able to love freely and love openly. We are close to winning," she said.
"Let's recognize today let's recognize tomorrow ... that people have not been allowed to live their lives to the fullest because they have not been granted that opportunity."
- From Glenn Burke To Billy Bean To Dave Pallone The MLB Is Evolving -- Slowly
- 38 Local Non-Discrimination Ordinances Saved
- State House Committee Passes HB4052 With Amendments
- LGBT Detroit Leadership Academy Presents Seventh Graduating Class
- 2015 Motor City Pride Preview
- Understanding The 'Invisible' Aging LGBT Community
- Jewish Gay Network Hosts Talk On Transgender Issues In Michigan
- New Study Calls For LGBT Adults Looking For Love, Sex
- Motown Invitational Classic Hosts Annual Detroit River Boat Cruise
- Gay Man Begins Campaign For State Representative
- Tigers Pride Night Sells Over 1,000 Tickets
- Transgender Student Wins Right To Walk With Chosen Name
- Michigan House Considering Bill To Reverse Local Human Rights Ordinances
- Ferndale Pride Guide
- Chrysler-Fiat To Sponsor Motor City Pride Parade
- Donate to LGBT Organizations On Give Out Day
- Senior Fundraiser Feature 'Alive Inside' And Chenille Sisters
- Ask Lambda Legal -- Stop Prison Rape
- Upcoming Interfaith Marriage Discussion
- Anti-Gay Billboard Ad On Telegraph
- Panic! Frontman On Being A Little Gay, Bisexual Anthem & Getting Naked
- EXCLUSIVE: Dave Franco In His First Gay Interview
- EXCLUSIVE: Kathy Bates Talks Lesbian Parties, Drag & Her Uma Thurman Fantasy
- Exclusive! 'Looking' Star Russell Tovey On Sex Scenes, His Famous Butt & That Rimming Cake
- Iggy Azalea Q&A: 'I'm Not A Fake Lesbian'
Sign up to receive our weekly newsletters today!
She is large and in charge, chunky yet funky. Yes, the one and only Latrice "Mother Fucking" Royale is coming to town. The drag diva - and "RuPaul's Drag Race" favorite - will be hosting the King & Queens Ball at Chene Park on June 6.View More Pride Guide
This Week's Issue
Download or view this week's print issue today!