Gallery: Hotter Than July Boat Ride Makes A Splash
Originally printed 7/24/2014 (Issue 2229 - Between The Lines News)
About 50 people came out Wednesday night for the fifth annual Hotter Than July Boat Ride. The three-hour cruise on the Detroit River was aboard the Diamond Queen. The event was catered by Dee's Catering and DJ Tone kept the dance floor full.
HTJ 2014 Schedule of Events
- Freedom House Seeks Help for LGBT Refugees
- John Allen Paves Way for Brighter Future for LGBTQ Youth
- Detroit Police Officer Dani Woods Recipient of Equality Michigan Award
- Oakland County Clerk Lisa Brown Celebrates Same-Sex Marriages
- State Board: Lawyer with Anti-Gay Rants Committed Misconduct
- Holly Lanes Hosting LGBT and Friends Night to Connect Around Equality
- Community Demands Justice for LGBTQ Prisoners
- Village of Holly Votes 6-1 Against Human Rights Ordinance
- Attorney Faces LGBTQ Discrimination
- Progressive Groups Join Forces to Win Big in Election 2016
- Federal Law Protects Transgender People at Homeless Shelters
- LGBTQ Youth Need Inclusive Sex Education
- Urge Michigan Attorney General to Withdraw from Federal Lawsuit
- Anti-LGBTQ Smear Campaign Targets Eaton County Commissioner
Sign up to receive our weekly newsletters today!
As an openly gay man, Fred Hoffman said, "I really didn't know if there would be an issue." And while he wasn't waving rainbow flags when he was recruited by Chrysler in 1988, he was told being gay wasn't a problem.View More Automotive
This Week's Issue
Download or view this week's print issue today!