Online Study On Shame Seeks Gay Men
Originally printed 9/4/2014 (Issue 2236 - Between The Lines News)
CALIFORNIA - The University of La Verne is seeking participants for an online study to evaluate how emotions like shame and guilt impact unprotected sex for men who have sex with men.
Participants are asked to fill out three surveys. The first will measure shame and guilt. The second will ask about sexual history over the past three months, as well as drug and alcohol use during that period. And the third will ask general information about age, ethnic background and annual income level. All three should take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
Instructions will be given at the end of the surveys to be entered into a raffle for the chance to win one of three $20 gift cards.
The study is conducted by Adam Wiswell, M.A., M.S., a doctoral student in the Clinical Psychology program at the University of La Verne. Wiswell has a sister in the LGBT community and has helped to organize LGBT conferences and a campus LGBT advocacy group. He is passionate about fighting for the LGBT community and social justice.
Participants must be at least 18 years of age, male and have had unprotected anal or oral sex with another man in the past three months.
- First Federal Judge Rules Against Marriage Equality
- Transgender Teen To Sue SC Over License Photo
- Online Study On Shame Seeks Gay Men
- Ram's Cut 1st Openly Gay Player Drafted, Cowboys Pick Him Up
- Kentucky City Considers Non Discrimination Law
- Indiana Gay Marriage Supporters Push Hard In 2014
- Book On Gay Steelworkers Prompts Union Changes
- California Bans 'Gay Panic' Defense
- Utah Plaintiffs Ask SCOTUS To Review Case
- First-Of-Its-Kind LGBT Jewish Curriculum
- EqualityMaine Advances Trans Healthcare Coverage
- Florida Supreme Court Asked To Rule On Same-Sex Marriage
- Womyn Born Womyn House Staffer Edits Trans Identity Wikipedia Pages
- 7th Circuit Court Of Appeals Hears Marriage Equality Cases
- When A Lesbian Becomes A Man
- Ann Arbor Animal Hospital
- Ann Arbor Cat Clinic
- Humane Society of Huron Valley
- Washtenaw Veterinary Hospital
- Visitors Bureau
- Ypsilanti Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Women's Health
- Planned Parenthood Mid and South Michigan
- Men's Yoga
- Youth Services
- Neutral Zone
- The Corner Health Center - Young Adult Health Center
- Ozone House Youth and Family Services
Enter contests to win great prizes like CDs, DVDs, concert tickets and more
- Feds Give Spring Arbor University Permission To Discriminate Against LGBT Community
- Michfest Responds: We Have a Few Demands Of Our Own
- Q&A: Jennifer Hudson On Lesbian Rumors & Drag Queen Attitude: 'I Don't Care What You Think'
- LeAnn Rimes Q&A: 'Eddie & I Are A Gay Man's Wet Dream'
- The Good, The Bad And The Ugly For LGBT Michigan
Sign up to receive our weekly newsletters today!
"The Ghosts in Our Machine" is a powerful 2013 feature documentary about animal rights, made accessible through the photos and personal journey of well-known international photographer Jo-Anne McArthur and lesbian filmmaker Liz Marshall.
This Week's Issue
Download or view this week's print issue today!