Four openly gay candidates are running in the Aug. 5 Michigan primary. From left, Rudy Serra, Jon Hoadley and Jeremy Moss are running for State Representative seats. Garnet Lewis is running for State Senate. File photo
BTL Aug. 5 Primary Endorsements
Originally printed 7/31/2014 (Issue 2231 - Between The Lines News)
BTL Strongly Endorses the following openly gay candidates in Aug. 5 primary:
Garnet Lewis is running in the 32nd District which includes Saginaw, Zilwaukee, Tidabawassee Township, Frankenmuth and Swartz Creek. Check out the campaign website http://www.garnetlewis.com
Jon Hoadley is running for State Representative in the 60th District which includes Kalamazoo and Kalamazoo Township. Check out the campaign website http://www.jonhoadley.com
Jeremy Moss is running for State Representative in the 35th District which includes Southfield and Lathrup Village. Check out the campaign website http://www.jeremyforsouthfield.com
Rudy Serra is running for State Representative for the 27th District which is made up of several South Oakland County communities including Hazel Park, Ferndale, and Berkley. Check out the campaign website http://rudyserra.ngpvanhost.com
The following statewide candidates are strongly endorsed by BTL and will appear on the Nov. 4 ballot:
Mark Schauer for Michigan Governor
Mark Totten for Michigan Attorney General
Gary Peters for U.S. Senate
Note that BTL endorsements for other statewide races will happen after the state poltical conventions held the weekend of Aug. 23 - 24.
Important Dates & Resources
Tuesday, Aug. 5 - Primary Election
Monday, Oct. 6 - Last day to register for Nov. 4 General Election
Tuesday, Nov. 4 - General Election
Check here for your current status as a registered voter in Michigan https://webapps.sos.state.mi.us/mivote
BTL VOTER GUIDE 2014
BTL LGBT & Progressive Voter Guide
will be compiled and distributed online at http://www.mivoterguide.com
Visit Pride Source Votes 2014 online as the election season moves forward for news and developments on candidates that will move the state forward toward full equality for LGBT citizens.
Register to receive your digital voter guide online at http://www.pridesource.com
- Equality Michigan and Connect2Protect Fundraise For Gender Neutral Bathrooms In Detroit
- New AIDS Partnership Michigan Coordinator To Tackle HIV, MSM Stigma For Detroit Agency
- Mich. Dems Push Elliott-Larsen Amendment In House And Senate
- Gays Against Gary Glenn
- AIDS Walk Locations
- MY Consent Day Empowers Michigan Youth, LGBT Survivors Of Assault
- Rasor Law Firm
- Hodges Subaru Imported Cars, Inc
- Campus; Student and Alumni Groups
- GVSU LGBT Resource Center
- Stephanie Williams, Ph.D.
- Financial Services
- Comerica Bank
- Harbour Tax & Accounting
- Hotlines & Switchboards
- Common Ground Sanctuary
- Charles H. Wright Museum of African-American History
- Religious & Spiritual
- Temple Emanu-El
- Arbor Pointe Veterinary Hospital
Enter contests to win great prizes like CDs, DVDs, concert tickets and more
- Michfest Responds: We Have a Few Demands Of Our Own
- Q&A: Jennifer Hudson On Lesbian Rumors & Drag Queen Attitude: 'I Don't Care What You Think'
- LeAnn Rimes Q&A: 'Eddie & I Are A Gay Man's Wet Dream'
- Q&A: Bill Hader Talks Gay Kisses ('Paul Rudd Tastes Like Chicken') & Trans Sketch ('Sorry')
- Why Jason Mraz Won't Kiss & Tell: 'I've Spoken Up For The Things That Are Important To Me'
"The Ghosts in Our Machine" is a powerful 2013 feature documentary about animal rights, made accessible through the photos and personal journey of well-known international photographer Jo-Anne McArthur and lesbian filmmaker Liz Marshall.
This Week's Issue
Download or view this week's print issue today!
Sign up to receive our weekly newsletters today!