Arts & Entertainment
A depiction of ISU's new lavatory signage.
'Fox & Friends' Fails To Showcase American's Horror At Gender-Neutral Bathrooms
Originally printed 7/11/2014 (Issue 2228 - Between The Lines News)
News of Illinois State University's decision to designate gender-neutral bathrooms throughout its campus has left the cast of "Fox & Friends" dumbfounded.
The talk show's host Steve Doocy hit the streets of New York City yesterday to find Fox viewers to confirm "Fox & Friends" belief that the university's new lavatory signage is confusing and "makes no sense." -- the viewers didn't agree.
Doocy presented pedestrians with the new sign and asked them what they thought the sign would mean, were they to see it on a door. A young boy responded, "maybe a family restroom," while another woman said the sign meant a "restroom for both genders."
None of the group appeared to agree with Doocy that the sign was confusing.
Doocy, perhaps hoping to lead the sample group, said as he presented the sign "Both genders - or transgender?"
The next man in Doocy's lineup responded with a smile, "that's right."
- California Bans 'Gay Panic' Defense
- Utah Plaintiffs Ask SCOTUS To Review Case
- First-Of-Its-Kind LGBT Jewish Curriculum
- EqualityMaine Advances Trans Healthcare Coverage
- Florida Supreme Court Asked To Rule On Same-Sex Marriage
- Womyn Born Womyn House Staffer Edits Trans Identity Wikipedia Pages
- 7th Circuit Court Of Appeals Hears Marriage Equality Cases
- When A Lesbian Becomes A Man
- TLC Star Says Transgender People Are Child Predators
- Florida Federal Judge Rules For Same-Sex Marriage
- Landmark Gay Bookstore In Philly To Reopen
- Couple Wins Wedding Venue Dispute
- Virginia Family Foundation Protests Gay Marriage With Fake Fast
- Boy Killed By Mother For Playing With Dolls
- SCOTUS Blocks Virginia Same-Sex Marriages
- Open Letter On Michael Brown #HandsUpDon'tShoot
- Will & Grace Featured In The Smithsonian Collection
- Cyber Bullying Higher For LGBT Youth
- Oregon Medicaid To Cover Gender Reassignment Surgery
- Bryan Fisher Blames Lesbian Attorney For Perry's Indictment
- Welcoming First Trans Man To U.S. House of Reps
- Facebook Donated $10k To Attorney General Appealing Marriage Equality In Utah