Arts & Entertainment
Apple Releases Gay Pride Video
Originally printed 7/10/2014 (Issue 2228 - Between The Lines News)
Venture Beat reports that Apple filmed a video over San Francisco's pride weekend. The video shows thousands of Apple employees marching down the city's Market St. while waving rainbow flags and holding an Apple logo designed with rainbow colors.
Apple's CEO, Tim Cook, tweeted the video, saying "Inclusion inspires innovation."
Apple is one of many major tech companies that filed a legal brief sent to the Supreme Court in 2013. The companies claimed that marriage equality was essential to America's economic competitiveness. The brief argued, "[Tech companies] are competing domestically and internationally with companies inside and outside the United States in places where all couples, regardless of whether they are of the same sex, are afforded equal access to marriage."
See the video here:
- Study: PrEP, Taken Regularly, 100 Percent Effective
- News You Should Know July 23, 2014
- Feds Call On States To Revamp HIV Criminal Laws
- Obama Signs LGBT Workplace Non-Discrimination Executive Order
- News You Should Know July 21, 2014
- Ruling Allows Same-Sex Marriages for Florida Keys
- First Mississippi Mayor Announces Support Of Marriage Equality
- News You Should Know July 17, 2014
- New Report Exposes Deceptive Religious Right Strategy Targeting LGBT Equality
- Utah Will Appeal Gay Marriage Ruling To High Court
- Comic Legend Archie Andrews Takes Bullet For Gay Best Friend
- 'Fox & Friends' Fails To Showcase American's Horror At Gender-Neutral Bathrooms
- Transgender Actress Laverne Cox Makes History
- HIV Infection Returns To 'Cured' Child