LGBT Mud 5k Brings In Over 650 Runners
Originally printed 7/10/2014 (Issue 2228 - Between The Lines News)
New York, NY Out-Fit Challenge recently thrived in bringing New Yorkers together in support of family equality. The sporting event featured over 15 military style obstacles which included various elements such as mud, water and ice throughout the course.
The event drew more than 650 participants who were ready and willing to get muddy for a good cause, including reality star and recording artist Sara Stokes. Sara Stokes is known for her roles in 2006's "YaDaDa Movie" and the 2002 ABC/MTV music reality series by P. Diddy, "Making the Band". The Michigan born songstress participated in the mud run to join the fight for LGBT family equality and took pictures with fans.
This year's event took place from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on June 21 at the Tuxedo Ridge Ski Center in Tuxedo, New York. Race waves began every 20 minutes. The LGBT sporting event is now officially sponsored by Jack'd, a top gay men's chat and dating app available for free on the App Store and Google Play, as well as a NYC Pride Partner for 2014. Other sponsors include Kind Healthy Snacks, Kellogg School of Management, Equality Florida, Miami Beach Gay Pride and NYC Pride. This year's New York event charity of choice was the Family Equality Council, which connects supports and represents the LGBT community across the US.
"Our success with Out-Fit Challenge this year surely surpassed our expectations," begins Founder & CEO of Out-Fit Challenge, Tory Fitzgerald. "We were able to accomplish our mission by uniting our community through fun and competitive means. It's amazing to watch people who don't know each other cheering and providing extreme encouragement to one another while completing the 5K course."
The sporting event featured obstacles such as the "Cherry Picker," "Is that Mud in Your Pants" and "Hello Sailor." Once participants reach the finish line they were then welcomed by a lively end of race after party. Out-Fit Challenge premiered with two very successful mud runs in Miami and New York in 2013. For 2014, they expanded their 5K cross-country trails to four cites chosen through a public online voting contest. The next cities on the list for Out-Fit Challenge include Reno, Nevada on September 20, 2014 followed by events in Boston, Massachusetts and San Francisco, California. Apart from putting on mud run sporting events, the organization aims to aid national and local charities that are making a significant difference in the lives of LGBT individuals across the United States such as the Family Equality Council.
For more information on Out-Fit Challenge or to get an LGBT run in Michigan, please visit http://out-fitchallenge.com/. For information on Sponsorship for the other events email email@example.com or call 877-841-7244.Out-Fit Challenge is designed by and for members and friends of the LGBT community who aspire to compete, make new connections and celebrate community via outdoor endurance sports. The company provides proceeds from every event to a national and local organization that strives to make a difference for LGBT individuals.
- Federal Judge Strikes Down Arizona Same-Sex Marriage Ban
- October Surprise At The Supreme Court
- Spirit Day Observed Oct. 16
- Alaska Will Issue Marriage Licenses To Gay Couples
- Bishops Say Gays Have Gifts To Offer Church
- Oklahoma Gay Couples Can Now File For Benefits
- National Coming Out Day 2014
- Supreme Court Denies Seven Appeals In Five States
- New York Soon To Change Gender Options On Birth Certificates
- Supreme Court Rejects Five Gay Marriage Appeals
- MY2024 Declaration Calls For Online Conversation
- 9th Circuit Strikes Bans Adds Five More States
- Revisiting Annual Reminders, Nearly 50 Years Later
- The Financial Penalty Of Being LGBT In America
- Freedom To Marry Launches National TV AD
- Two LGBTQ Trailblazers Receive MacArthur Fellowships Totaling $1.25 Million
- In Apology To Trans Community, HRC Pledges Push For Broad LGBT Bill
- AIDS/HIV Organizations
- Detroit Community AIDS Library (DCAL)
- Banquet Hall/Catering
- Detroit Marriott Livonia
- Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort
- EMDR Therapy
- Families and Parents
- PFLAG - Holland/Lakeshore
- Three Chairs Company
- Pet Services - Memorial
- Key-Lore Pet Rest Gardens
- Professional Organizations
- GM PLUS - General Motors LGBT Employee Resource Group
- Real Estate/Agent
- The LindaLom Team at Trillium Real Estate
- Shoreline Realtors
Enter contests to win great prizes like CDs, DVDs, concert tickets and more
Sign up to receive our weekly newsletters today!
Travis Parman predicted the future. As the current director of Corporate Communications at Nissan, Parman oversees all sorts of relationships within the automotive industry. But it wasn't that long ago that he wrote a 333-page thesis for his master's degree that specifically examined the relationship between corporations, their media marketing strategies and the LGBT community at large.View More Automotive
This Week's Issue
Download or view this week's print issue today!
Sign up to receive our weekly newsletters today!