LGBT Mud 5k Brings In Over 650 Runners
Originally printed 7/10/2014 (Issue 2228 - Between The Lines News)
New York, NY Out-Fit Challenge recently thrived in bringing New Yorkers together in support of family equality. The sporting event featured over 15 military style obstacles which included various elements such as mud, water and ice throughout the course.
The event drew more than 650 participants who were ready and willing to get muddy for a good cause, including reality star and recording artist Sara Stokes. Sara Stokes is known for her roles in 2006's "YaDaDa Movie" and the 2002 ABC/MTV music reality series by P. Diddy, "Making the Band". The Michigan born songstress participated in the mud run to join the fight for LGBT family equality and took pictures with fans.
This year's event took place from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on June 21 at the Tuxedo Ridge Ski Center in Tuxedo, New York. Race waves began every 20 minutes. The LGBT sporting event is now officially sponsored by Jack'd, a top gay men's chat and dating app available for free on the App Store and Google Play, as well as a NYC Pride Partner for 2014. Other sponsors include Kind Healthy Snacks, Kellogg School of Management, Equality Florida, Miami Beach Gay Pride and NYC Pride. This year's New York event charity of choice was the Family Equality Council, which connects supports and represents the LGBT community across the US.
"Our success with Out-Fit Challenge this year surely surpassed our expectations," begins Founder & CEO of Out-Fit Challenge, Tory Fitzgerald. "We were able to accomplish our mission by uniting our community through fun and competitive means. It's amazing to watch people who don't know each other cheering and providing extreme encouragement to one another while completing the 5K course."
The sporting event featured obstacles such as the "Cherry Picker," "Is that Mud in Your Pants" and "Hello Sailor." Once participants reach the finish line they were then welcomed by a lively end of race after party. Out-Fit Challenge premiered with two very successful mud runs in Miami and New York in 2013. For 2014, they expanded their 5K cross-country trails to four cites chosen through a public online voting contest. The next cities on the list for Out-Fit Challenge include Reno, Nevada on September 20, 2014 followed by events in Boston, Massachusetts and San Francisco, California. Apart from putting on mud run sporting events, the organization aims to aid national and local charities that are making a significant difference in the lives of LGBT individuals across the United States such as the Family Equality Council.
For more information on Out-Fit Challenge or to get an LGBT run in Michigan, please visit http://out-fitchallenge.com/. For information on Sponsorship for the other events email email@example.com or call 877-841-7244.Out-Fit Challenge is designed by and for members and friends of the LGBT community who aspire to compete, make new connections and celebrate community via outdoor endurance sports. The company provides proceeds from every event to a national and local organization that strives to make a difference for LGBT individuals.
- Study Suggests Genetic Link For Male Homosexuality
- Shelter in Kansas City Won't House Gay Couples
- Gay Marriage Issue Now Linked To Ohio Senator
- Another Top Ohio Republican Speaks On Gay Marriage
- Pope Reinforces Traditional Family Values
- Election 2014: LGBT Candidates Make Some History Across U.S.
- Republican Sweep Captures Senate And Some Pro-Gay Governors
- LGBT Veterans Still Denied Equal Federal Benefits
- GLSEN Releases New National School Climate Survey On America's Middle And High Schools
- NCAVP 2013 Intimate Partner Violence Report
- Transgender Michigan Teen Shares Story On National Stage
- CEO Of Apple Tim Cook: 'I'm Proud To Be Gay'
- Guide To Elections Across the U.S.
- 5th Circuit Court Sets Date To Hear SSM Cases
- Federal Gov. To Recognize Same-Sex Married Couples In Six More States
- Hook-Up Related Homicide In Pennsylvania
- Bishops Scrap Welcome To Gays In Sign Of Split
- Federal Judge Strikes Down Arizona Same-Sex Marriage Ban
- October Surprise At The Supreme Court
- Alaska Will Issue Marriage Licenses To Gay Couples
- Campus; Student and Alumni Groups
- Michigan State University Alliance of Lesbian-Bi-Gay & Transgendered Students
- Fully Licensed Clinical Psychologist
- Granite Transformations
- Demi C. Kazanis DDS Family & Cosmetic Dentistry
- National Organizations
- Gay, Lesbian, Straight Education Network National
- Plastic Surgery
- Colton Center for Men
- Religious & Spiritual
- Praise Fellowship Christian Church
- Rental Service
- Acme Partyworks
- C & N Party Rentals
- IGBO (International Gay Bowling Organization)
Enter contests to win great prizes like CDs, DVDs, concert tickets and more
- Q&A: Lisa Kudrow On Judging 'Drag Race' (As Valerie Cherish!) & Gays Being Biologically 'Superhuman'
- Q&A: Andy Cohen On His (Almost) Tell-All Book, 'Nasty' Names Gays Call Him
- GOP Hopeful Wants 'Christians' Fleeing MI If Gays Get Civil Rights
- Divine Intervention: Bette Midler Talks Early Gay Support, 'Diva' Degradation & Twerking ('Girls, Please!')
- Creep of the Week: Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder
Sign up to receive our weekly newsletters today!
This Week's Issue
Download or view this week's print issue today!
Sign up to receive our weekly newsletters today!