MI Election 2014: Aug. 5 Primary Could See Four Openly Gay Candidates Advance
Make Sure To Get Out And Vote (Are You Registered?)
Originally printed 7/10/2014 (Issue 2228 - Between The Lines News)
Monday, July 7 was the last day to register to vote in the August 5 primary. This year all 83 counties will hold elections on that day so be sure you are registered and know where to vote by checking on any of the resource links below.
For BTL readers this primary season is especially exciting. We have four candidates who are openly gay and endorsed by BTL.
Garnet Lewis could be the first lesbian State Senator. She is running in the 32nd District which includes Saginaw, Zilwaukee, Tittabawassee Township, Frankenmuth and Swartz Creek. Check out the campaign website
Rudy Serra is running for State Representative for the 27th District which is made up of several South Oakland County communities including Hazel Park, Ferndale, and Berkley. Check out the campaign website
Monday, July 7 - Last day to register for August 5 Primary Election
Tuesday, August 5 - Primary Election
Monday, October 6 - Last day to register for November 4 General Election
Tuesday, November 4 - General Election
BTL Strongly Endorses the following candidates this fall:
Mark Schauer for Michigan Governor
Mark Totten for Michigan Attorney General
Gary Peters for U.S. Senate
Learn more about these and other candidates at:
The Michigan Democratic Party
Michigan Republican Party
Michigan Democratic LGBT & Allies Caucus
- Equality Michigan and Connect2Protect Fundraise For Gender Neutral Bathrooms In Detroit
- New AIDS Partnership Michigan Coordinator To Tackle HIV, MSM Stigma For Detroit Agency
- Mich. Dems Push Elliott-Larsen Amendment In House And Senate
- Gays Against Gary Glenn
- AIDS Walk Locations
- MY Consent Day Empowers Michigan Youth, LGBT Survivors Of Assault
- AIDS/HIV Organizations
- Horizons Project
- Wellness AIDS Services
- Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Downtown
- Ed Schmid Ford
- Funeral Services
- Washtenong Memorial Park and Mausoleum
- Ed Lazar Insurance Agency, Inc.
- Elsie Publishing
- Religious & Spiritual
- Full Truth Fellowship Of Christ Church
- Tax Planning/Preparation
- Kuderik and Associates
- Ann Arbor Civic Theatre
Enter contests to win great prizes like CDs, DVDs, concert tickets and more
- Michfest Responds: We Have a Few Demands Of Our Own
- Q&A: Jennifer Hudson On Lesbian Rumors & Drag Queen Attitude: 'I Don't Care What You Think'
- LeAnn Rimes Q&A: 'Eddie & I Are A Gay Man's Wet Dream'
- Why Jason Mraz Won't Kiss & Tell: 'I've Spoken Up For The Things That Are Important To Me'
- Equality Michigan Stands With Allies: Seeking Full Inclusion
"The Ghosts in Our Machine" is a powerful 2013 feature documentary about animal rights, made accessible through the photos and personal journey of well-known international photographer Jo-Anne McArthur and lesbian filmmaker Liz Marshall.
This Week's Issue
Download or view this week's print issue today!
Sign up to receive our weekly newsletters today!