From left candidates Rudy Serra (State Rep 27th District), Jon Hoadley(State Rep 60th District), Jeremy Moss (State Rep 35th District), and Garnet Lewis (State Senate 32nd District).
MI Aug. 5 Primary Could See Four Openly Gay Candidates Advance
Make Sure To Get Out And Vote (Are You Registered?)
Originally printed 7/3/2014 (Issue 2226 - Between The Lines News)
Monday, July 7 is the last day to register to vote in the August 5 primary. This year all 83 counties will hold elections on that day so be sure you are registered and know where to vote by checking on any of the resource links below.
For BTL readers this primary season is especially exciting. We have four candidates who are openly gay and endorsed by BTL.
Garnet Lewis could be the first lesbian State Senator. She is running in the 32nd District which includes Saginaw, Zilwaukee, Tittabawassee Township, Frankenmuth and Swartz Creek. Check out the campaign website
Jon Hoadley is running for State Representative in the 60th District which includes Kalamazoo and Kalamazoo Township. Check out the campaign website
Jeremy Moss is running for State Representative in the 35th District which includes Southfield and Lathrup Village. Check out the campaign website
Rudy Serra is running for State Representative for the 27th District which is made up of several South Oakland County communities including Hazel Park, Ferndale and Berkley. Check out the campaign website
To register to vote, download and fill out this form from the Secretary of State's website.
You can also get a copy at your local Secretary of State branch located here
Monday, July 7 Last day to register for Aug. 5 Primary Election
Tuesday, Aug. 5 Primary Election
Monday, Oct. 6 Last day to register for November 4 General Election
Tuesday, Nov. 4 General Election
BTL Strongly Endorses the following candidates this fall:
Mark Schauer for Michigan Governor
Mark Totten for Michigan Attorney General
Gary Peters for U.S. Senate
Learn more about these and other candidates at:
The Michigan Democratic Party
Michigan Republican Party
Michigan Democratic LGBT & Allies Caucus
- Equality Michigan and Connect2Protect Fundraise For Gender Neutral Bathrooms In Detroit
- New AIDS Partnership Michigan Coordinator To Tackle HIV, MSM Stigma For Detroit Agency
- Mich. Dems Push Elliott-Larsen Amendment In House And Senate
- Gays Against Gary Glenn
- AIDS Walk Locations
- MY Consent Day Empowers Michigan Youth, LGBT Survivors Of Assault
- Mission Point Resort
- Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Downtown
- Adoption Services
- Hands Across The Water
- Families and Parents
- PFLAG Fenton
- Hair Cutting & Styling
- Changez Salon
- Fredrick Jewelers
- Plastic Surgery
- Colton Center for Men
- Religious & Spiritual
- First United Methodist Church
- Youth Services
- Neutral Zone
Enter contests to win great prizes like CDs, DVDs, concert tickets and more
- Michfest Responds: We Have a Few Demands Of Our Own
- Q&A: Jennifer Hudson On Lesbian Rumors & Drag Queen Attitude: 'I Don't Care What You Think'
- LeAnn Rimes Q&A: 'Eddie & I Are A Gay Man's Wet Dream'
- Why Jason Mraz Won't Kiss & Tell: 'I've Spoken Up For The Things That Are Important To Me'
- Equality Michigan Stands With Allies: Seeking Full Inclusion
"The Ghosts in Our Machine" is a powerful 2013 feature documentary about animal rights, made accessible through the photos and personal journey of well-known international photographer Jo-Anne McArthur and lesbian filmmaker Liz Marshall.
This Week's Issue
Download or view this week's print issue today!
Sign up to receive our weekly newsletters today!