Arts & Entertainment
Shauna MacDonald Comes To Royal Oak
By BTL Staff
Originally printed 7/1/2014 (Issue 2226 - Between The Lines News)
Shauna MacDonald, director, producer and star of the LGBT film "Tru Love," will be in Royal Oak for a meet and greet on Wednesday.
The 2013 film is about Tru, a 30-something lesbian with trouble committing to a relationship. She then meets a beautiful 60 year old widow, Alice, who's in town to visit her daughter and Tru's friend, Suzanne. Tru and Alice form an unlikely friendship that develops into more. Suzanne then begins sabotaging the budding relationship.
"Tru Love" will play at 7 and 9:30 p.m. at Emagine Theatre Royal Oak, 200 N. Main St. A meet and greet will follow each screening.
Tickets are $10, which includes the movie and entrance into the after-party/meet and greet. The after-party is open to 21+. Tickets can be purchased at Neptix.
The screening of "Tru Love" is part of the LGBT Summer Film Series presented by Affirmations and Murray & Peter.For more LGBT movies and events, visit BTL's calendar at http://www.pridesource.com/calendar.html.
- Hotter Than July Conference Focuses On Past, Future Of Detroit's African American LGBT Community
- Lesbian Couple In Kalamazoo See Home Ruined
- Equality Michigan Starts Petition To Change Michfest Trans Exclusion Policy
- Fifth Annual Hotter Than July Boat Ride A Fun Time
- HTJ Opening Ceremony Draws Large Crowd
- State Rep. Zemke Introduces Bill To Prohibit Conversion Therapy In Michigan
- Good News For LGBT Students At Michigan Universities
- HTJ Pride Picnic Preview
- HTJ Schedule: Warming Up Detroit
- Progressive Detroit Talks On The National Level: Netroots Closeup
- LGBTs Connect At Netroots Nation
- Michigan Healthcare Providers Discuss LGBT Focus Initiatives
- Mark Schauer Comes To Braun Court
- Hotter Than July Preview
- Immigration: Out Of The Shadows
- Choice: Closely Aligned
- Environment: Only Way To Win Is By Working Together
- Housing: 'We Are All In This Together'
- Labor: A Decades Long Partnership
- Two More Openly LGBT Candidates Announce MI Campaigns
- Hotter Than July Film Festival In Midtown
- Diverse Support For Same-Sex Couples In Michigan's Marriage Ban Challenge