Shauna MacDonald Comes To Royal Oak
By BTL Staff
Originally printed 7/1/2014 (Issue 2226 - Between The Lines News)
Shauna MacDonald, director, producer and star of the LGBT film "Tru Love," will be in Royal Oak for a meet and greet on Wednesday.
The 2013 film is about Tru, a 30-something lesbian with trouble committing to a relationship. She then meets a beautiful 60 year old widow, Alice, who's in town to visit her daughter and Tru's friend, Suzanne. Tru and Alice form an unlikely friendship that develops into more. Suzanne then begins sabotaging the budding relationship.
"Tru Love" will play at 7 and 9:30 p.m. at Emagine Theatre Royal Oak, 200 N. Main St. A meet and greet will follow each screening.
Tickets are $10, which includes the movie and entrance into the after-party/meet and greet. The after-party is open to 21+. Tickets can be purchased at Neptix.
The screening of "Tru Love" is part of the LGBT Summer Film Series presented by Affirmations and Murray & Peter.For more LGBT movies and events, visit BTL's calendar at http://www.pridesource.com/calendar.html.
- Equality Michigan and Connect2Protect Fundraise For Gender Neutral Bathrooms In Detroit
- New AIDS Partnership Michigan Coordinator To Tackle HIV, MSM Stigma For Detroit Agency
- Mich. Dems Push Elliott-Larsen Amendment In House And Senate
- Gays Against Gary Glenn
- AIDS Walk Locations
- MY Consent Day Empowers Michigan Youth, LGBT Survivors Of Assault
- MGM Grand Detroit
- Comerica Bank
- Community Centers
- Entertainment Agency
- Elton Lookalike
- Funeral Services
- Spaulding & Curtin Funeral Directors
- Home Inspectors
- Widman Home Services, Inc.
- Moving Companies
- Two Men And A Truck
- Religious & Spiritual
- Grace Episcopal Church
- The LGBT Older Adult Coalition
- Renewal By Andersen
Enter contests to win great prizes like CDs, DVDs, concert tickets and more
- Michfest Responds: We Have a Few Demands Of Our Own
- Q&A: Jennifer Hudson On Lesbian Rumors & Drag Queen Attitude: 'I Don't Care What You Think'
- LeAnn Rimes Q&A: 'Eddie & I Are A Gay Man's Wet Dream'
- Why Jason Mraz Won't Kiss & Tell: 'I've Spoken Up For The Things That Are Important To Me'
- Equality Michigan Stands With Allies: Seeking Full Inclusion
"The Ghosts in Our Machine" is a powerful 2013 feature documentary about animal rights, made accessible through the photos and personal journey of well-known international photographer Jo-Anne McArthur and lesbian filmmaker Liz Marshall.
This Week's Issue
Download or view this week's print issue today!
Sign up to receive our weekly newsletters today!