Arts & Entertainment
Eat Steak, Burgers And More To Support Affirmations
Originally printed 6/12/2014 (Issue 2224 - Between The Lines News)
Logan's Roadhouse will be supporting the LBGTQ community of metro Detroit every first Thursday for the rest of the year in their "Raising the Steaks" effort. In support of Ferndale's LGBT community and resource center, Affirmations, all seven Metro-Detroit locations will donate 20% of every dine-in and carry out purchase from 4 p.m. until close on the specified Thursdays to the center and the LGBTQ community. The percent of these purchases, pre-tax, includes beverages. To participate, customers need to print out a specially coded ticket or pull it up on their smartphones. The ticket can be found at http://www.goaffirmations.org/logans.
"It feels great to have our local Logan's Roadhouse team reach out in support of equality by providing such a generous opportunity," said Jon Fitzgerald, Interim Executive Director at Affirmations. "As a community, it is vitally important that we support and patronize those businesses that support us. This first Raise the Steaks event is especially exciting as it happens during our kickoff of Ally Rush Week."
Ally Rush Week is Affirmations' week devoted to recruiting, and celebrating, ally help and support.
"My hope is that the LGBTQ community and our allies will go out and enjoy a wonderful meal in support of the great work Affirmations is doing," Fitzgerald said.
Logan's Roadhouses can be found in Roseville, Shelby Township, Troy, Southgate, Canton, Livonia and Auburn Hills.
- Lesbian Couple In Kalamazoo See Home Ruined
- Fifth Annual Hotter Than July Boat Ride A Fun Time
- HTJ Opening Ceremony Draws Large Crowd
- State Rep. Zemke Introduces Bill To Prohibit Conversion Therapy In Michigan
- Good News For LGBT Students At Michigan Universities
- HTJ Pride Picnic Preview
- HTJ Schedule: Warming Up Detroit
- Progressive Detroit Talks On The National Level: Netroots Closeup
- LGBTs Connect At Netroots Nation
- Michigan Healthcare Providers Discuss LGBT Focus Initiatives
- Mark Schauer Comes To Braun Court
- Hotter Than July Preview
- Immigration: Out Of The Shadows
- Choice: Closely Aligned
- Environment: Only Way To Win Is By Working Together
- Housing: 'We Are All In This Together'
- Labor: A Decades Long Partnership
- Two More Openly LGBT Candidates Announce MI Campaigns