Arts & Entertainment
Annual Gathering Of LGBT Issues Seeks Workshop Proposals
Originally printed 6/5/2014 (Issue 2223 - Between The Lines News)
Hotter Than July, Detroit's annual African-American LGBTQ pride event and the nation's second oldest African-American LGBT social justice rally, is hosting the Annual Gathering of LGBTQ Issues conference this July. This year's theme is "Happy Together." The conference will provide the community and area youth with the history of LGBTQ African-Americans in Metro-Detroit. Focus will be on how the group has endured and achieved, with an emphasis on how "we are now, and how we plan to move forward."
Slots are still available for those interested in running a workshop at the event. Any interested in doing a workshop should review this year's mission and goals found at http://www.hotterthanjuly.com and contact Cornelius Wilson at 313-942-2803 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The event will be held on Friday, July 25 at the Michigan State University-Detroit Center, 3408 Woodward Ave., Detroit. The conference is part of the week long Hotter Than July Pride Festival.
- Hotter Than July Conference Focuses On Past, Future Of Detroit's African American LGBT Community
- Lesbian Couple In Kalamazoo See Home Ruined
- Equality Michigan Starts Petition To Change Michfest Trans Exclusion Policy
- Fifth Annual Hotter Than July Boat Ride A Fun Time
- HTJ Opening Ceremony Draws Large Crowd
- State Rep. Zemke Introduces Bill To Prohibit Conversion Therapy In Michigan
- Good News For LGBT Students At Michigan Universities
- HTJ Pride Picnic Preview
- HTJ Schedule: Warming Up Detroit
- Progressive Detroit Talks On The National Level: Netroots Closeup
- LGBTs Connect At Netroots Nation
- Michigan Healthcare Providers Discuss LGBT Focus Initiatives
- Mark Schauer Comes To Braun Court
- Hotter Than July Preview
- Immigration: Out Of The Shadows
- Choice: Closely Aligned
- Environment: Only Way To Win Is By Working Together
- Housing: 'We Are All In This Together'
- Labor: A Decades Long Partnership
- Two More Openly LGBT Candidates Announce MI Campaigns
- Hotter Than July Film Festival In Midtown
- Diverse Support For Same-Sex Couples In Michigan's Marriage Ban Challenge