Arts & Entertainment
Help Ozone House Celebrate 45 Years Of Youth Services
Originally printed 5/22/2014 (Issue 2221 - Between The Lines News)
ANN ARBOR - Join the thousands of community members and Michigan youth as they celebrate the 45 year anniversary of Ozone House and its efforts towards helping youth lead safe, healthy and productive lives.
The Backyard Birthday Bash will take place from 2-4 p.m. on Sunday, June 1 at Ozone House in Ann Arbor, located at 1705 Washtenaw Ave. Plan to get wet and have fun with your loved ones by taking advantage of the dunk tank, face painting, music and of course plenty of sugary summertime sweets like lemonade and cotton candy. Festivities are for all ages and are free and open to the public.
"This is our way of saying thank you to our friends and neighbors for their unwavering support, and to welcome back all of the volunteers, staff and clients who have made Ozone House such a special place over the years," said Ozone House Development Director Heather Steenrod.
The Backyard Birthday Bash is sponsored by Zingerman's Roadhouse, Zingerman's Creamery, Mighty Good Coffee Roasting Co. and Go Ice Cream, who will be showcasing a brand new ice cream flavor created specifically for the 45th anniversary.
As the only youth shelter in Washtenaw County, Ozone House provides housing and safety for young kids who have run away from household conflict or were kicked out of their homes.
- filed by AJ TragerFor more information about the Ozone House, visit http://www.OzoneHouse.org.
- Hotter Than July Conference Focuses On Past, Future Of Detroit's African American LGBT Community
- Lesbian Couple In Kalamazoo See Home Ruined
- Equality Michigan Starts Petition To Change Michfest Trans Exclusion Policy
- Fifth Annual Hotter Than July Boat Ride A Fun Time
- HTJ Opening Ceremony Draws Large Crowd
- State Rep. Zemke Introduces Bill To Prohibit Conversion Therapy In Michigan
- Good News For LGBT Students At Michigan Universities
- HTJ Pride Picnic Preview
- HTJ Schedule: Warming Up Detroit
- Progressive Detroit Talks On The National Level: Netroots Closeup
- LGBTs Connect At Netroots Nation
- Michigan Healthcare Providers Discuss LGBT Focus Initiatives
- Mark Schauer Comes To Braun Court
- Hotter Than July Preview
- Immigration: Out Of The Shadows
- Choice: Closely Aligned
- Environment: Only Way To Win Is By Working Together
- Housing: 'We Are All In This Together'
- Labor: A Decades Long Partnership
- Two More Openly LGBT Candidates Announce MI Campaigns
- Hotter Than July Film Festival In Midtown
- Diverse Support For Same-Sex Couples In Michigan's Marriage Ban Challenge