Arts & Entertainment
First Comes Love, Then Comes Marriage
BTL's Ultimate LGBT Wedding & Anniversary Expo Returns April 12
By Shelby Clark
Originally printed 2/6/2014 (Issue 2206 - Between The Lines News)
It's February: that means groundhogs, blizzards, and romance. For those looking to postpone their Valentine's Day festivities until grass is poking through the snow, start planning for Between the Lines' Annual Wedding Expo on April 12.
This year's Wedding Expo's got a few differences, the key one being a new, larger location. Moving from Livonia's Marriott to the much larger Southfield Civic Pavilion, BTL's fourth annual Expo will also be titled "The Ultimate LGBT Wedding & Anniversary Expo."
Open to LGBT and allies, the expo is a fantastic opportunity to find inclusive religious services and officiants, LGBT and LGBT-friendly bakers and DJs and more. The Expo moved to a larger location in order to accommodate more couples, vendors, presentations and activities.
Editor-in-Chief of BTL, Susan Horowitz, is very excited about this year's expo, particularly with changes on the horizon. "With the DeBoer case being heard at the end of February, and federal tax changes accommodating same-sex marriage, now is the time for LGBT Michiganders to think about getting married. The Expo is a perfect place to start getting ideas for not only a future Michigan wedding, but also to find LGBT and LGBT-friendly vendors for other events, like birthdays, anniversaries, and more."
Previous BTL Wedding Expos have been huge hits, with numbers of attendees growing each year. Almost like a wedding in itself, the Expo consists of free food, dancing, and opportunities for alcohol. There will be a full runway fashion show,
Vendor opportunities are still available for this year's expo. Prices for booth rentals begin at $395, and each 10x10 exhibit space includes draping, table, two chairs, and a listing in BTL's Special Wedding Guide out the week of the Expo. Vendor applications are available on the BTL expo website (www.btlweddingexpo.com); submit all forms to Pride Source Media Group, 20222 Farmington Road, Livonia.
This year's Gold sponsors include Star Trax Event Productions in Ferndale and C & N Party Rentals of Royal Oak. Silver sponsors include Five 15 in Royal Oak and B. Ella Bridal in Plymouth. Scores of vendors have already signed up including florists, photographers, caterers, lawyers, adoption agencies, bridal shops, tuxedo rentals, banquet halls, hotels, officiants....and the list goes on!
The Wedding Expo will run 12-6 p.m. on Sunday, April 12 at the Southfield Civic Pavilion, 26000 Evergreen Road, Southfield. For more information, visit http://www.btlweddingexpo.com or e-mail Jan Stevenson at firstname.lastname@example.org.For further information on the wedding expo, visit http://www.btlweddingexpo.com.
- Couples Celebrate Love And Acceptance at LGBT Wedding and Anniversary Expo
- Michigan Same Sex Couples Demand Respect And Equal Treatment
- Judge Takes Up Ban On MI Domestic Partner Benefits
- Ultimate LGBT Wedding Expo A Smashing Success
- Graduating Gay: LGBT Spring Events at Local Universities
- Gay-Owned Espresso & Gelato Shop Finds Niche in Detroit
- Dine Out For Life April 24
- 2014 Good Neighbors = Strong Community Award Recipients Announced
- LGBT Caucus Seating Available At Upcoming MDP Dinner, Bill Clinton To Keynote
- ACLU Files Lawsuit: State Must Recognize Same-Sex Marriages
- GALLERY: The Ultimate LGBT Wedding & Anniversary Expo Runway Show
- BREAKING: ACLU To File Lawsuit: State Must Recognize Same-Sex Marriages
- Albion Students Demand Schuette Resign From College Board
- Equality Michigan Remembers Dr. Henry Messer, April 13
- Affirmations Celebrates 25 Years Of Service At Silver Jubilee
- Saginaw City To Vote On Ordinance
- VIDEO: Affirmations Silver Jubilee Presentation
- Suspect Sketch Released In Ypsi Anti-Gay Attack
- Prominent Detroit Minister 'Comes Out' As Ally
- 'Traditional Marriage' Not The Black Family Reality
- LETTER: One Pastor Comes Out For Marriage Equality