Arts & Entertainment
Detroit Film Theatre Celebrates 40th Anniversary
Originally printed 1/16/2014 (Issue 2203 - Between The Lines News)
DETROIT (AP) â The Detroit Film Theatre is celebrating its 40th anniversary.
The movie house within the Detroit Institute of Arts is screening films this weekend that have been featured throughout its four-decade history.
And the theater is doing so at a 1974 price â$2 per movie
Officials say the Detroit Film Theatre has shown 3,000 films over 2,000 weekends to more than 2 million viewers.
Among those who have appeared in person as part of a DFT program include Angela Bassett, Robert Duvall, James Earl Jones and Spike Lee.
- Judge Takes Up Ban On Domestic Partner Benefits
- Motor City Pride Line-Up Includes 'Glee' Star, Erasure's Andy Bell
- Helping Transgender Population Find Jobs
- MI AG, Lawyers Disagree Over Gay Marriage Appeal Path
- Detroit Fashion Designer DL Perrett Presents Neon Valley Streets Event
- Jim Toy Center To Honor Congressman Dingell
- Modern Works of Art for Sale This Weekend
- Hoadley To Seek LGBT Support At May 3 Detroit Fundraiser
- Inclusive Justice Conference Coming Up
- Couples Celebrate Love And Acceptance at LGBT Wedding and Anniversary Expo
- Michigan Same Sex Couples Demand Respect And Equal Treatment
- Judge Takes Up Ban On MI Domestic Partner Benefits
- Ultimate LGBT Wedding Expo A Smashing Success
- Graduating Gay: LGBT Spring Events at Local Universities
- Gay-Owned Espresso & Gelato Shop Finds Niche in Detroit
- Dine Out For Life April 24
- 2014 Good Neighbors = Strong Community Award Recipients Announced
- LGBT Caucus Seating Available At Upcoming MDP Dinner, Bill Clinton To Keynote
- ACLU Files Lawsuit: State Must Recognize Same-Sex Marriages
- GALLERY: The Ultimate LGBT Wedding & Anniversary Expo Runway Show