Arts & Entertainment
Crain's Names Dievendorf Person To Watch in 2014
Originally printed 1/9/2014 (Issue 2202 - Between The Lines News)
DETROIT - Crain's Detroit Business, the prominent weekly business newspaper, named Equality Michigan's Emily Dievendorf to their list of ten people to watch in state politics in 2014.
"I'm very honored to be on this list and in some amazing company!" said Dievendorf. "I am proud of what I am able to bring to the table. But my inclusion is most indicative of the strength and quality of the Equality Michigan team, our ongoing efforts, and the incredible work we are privileged to do with our impressive partners in the movement here in Michigan and at the national level. Bring on 2014!"
Dievendorf has been the most visible lobbyist for LGBT issues in Lansing since joining Equality Michigan in 2010 as the policy director, and then assuming the role of managing director in early 2013. A graduate of the James Madison College at Michigan State University, she had worked in the Michigan House of Representatives for state legislators Alexander C. Lipsey (D- Kalamazoo) and Andy Coulouris (D-Saginaw). Dievendorf served as chief of staff to Rep. Coulouris, the chair of the House Committee on Banking and Financial Services.
Crain's list of ten people to watch in state politics includes six women and four men, and at least three other strong LGBT allies; Sen. Rebecca Warren (D-Ann Arbor), former state lawmaker Barb Byrum and Lon Johnson, chair of the Michigan Democratic Party.
- Couples Celebrate Love And Acceptance at LGBT Wedding and Anniversary Expo
- Michigan Same Sex Couples Demand Respect And Equal Treatment
- Judge Takes Up Ban On MI Domestic Partner Benefits
- Ultimate LGBT Wedding Expo A Smashing Success
- Graduating Gay: LGBT Spring Events at Local Universities
- Gay-Owned Espresso & Gelato Shop Finds Niche in Detroit
- Dine Out For Life April 24
- 2014 Good Neighbors = Strong Community Award Recipients Announced
- LGBT Caucus Seating Available At Upcoming MDP Dinner, Bill Clinton To Keynote
- ACLU Files Lawsuit: State Must Recognize Same-Sex Marriages
- GALLERY: The Ultimate LGBT Wedding & Anniversary Expo Runway Show
- BREAKING: ACLU To File Lawsuit: State Must Recognize Same-Sex Marriages
- Albion Students Demand Schuette Resign From College Board
- Equality Michigan Remembers Dr. Henry Messer, April 13
- Affirmations Celebrates 25 Years Of Service At Silver Jubilee
- Saginaw City To Vote On Ordinance
- VIDEO: Affirmations Silver Jubilee Presentation
- Suspect Sketch Released In Ypsi Anti-Gay Attack
- Prominent Detroit Minister 'Comes Out' As Ally
- 'Traditional Marriage' Not The Black Family Reality
- LETTER: One Pastor Comes Out For Marriage Equality