Arts & Entertainment
Barney Frank To Speak At Peters Event
By Shelby Clark
Originally printed 12/19/2013 (Issue 2151 - Between The Lines News)
ROYAL OAK - Openly gay politician, Barney Frank, will be in metro-Detroit this week as a guest at a reception honoring Congressman Gary Peters.
Considered the most prominent gay politician in the U.S., Frank served as a U.S. Congressman from Massachusetts from 1981 to 2013. Frank is known for his advocacy for LGBT rights.
Congressman Peters, who is running as a candidate for U.S. Senate, will have his reception at the home of Michael "Chet" Chetcuti and Kyle Evans at 827 E. Fourth St., Royal Oak.
Those interested in attending can RSVP to Elisa Malile at 248-318-5421 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The reception runs from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 5. Tickets for the event range from $250 to $2,600.To find out more on the events listed in this article, go to BTL's Calendar at www.pridesource.com/calendar.
- ACLU Files Lawsuit: State Must Recognize Same-Sex Marriages
- GALLERY: The Ultimate LGBT Wedding & Anniversary Expo Runway Show
- BREAKING: ACLU To File Lawsuit: State Must Recognize Same-Sex Marriages
- Albion Students Demand Schuette Resign From College Board
- Equality Michigan Remembers Dr. Henry Messer, April 13
- Affirmations Celebrates 25 Years Of Service At Silver Jubilee
- Saginaw City To Vote On Ordinance
- VIDEO: Affirmations Silver Jubilee Presentation
- Suspect Sketch Released In Ypsi Anti-Gay Attack
- Prominent Detroit Minister 'Comes Out' As Ally
- 'Traditional Marriage' Not The Black Family Reality
- LETTER: One Pastor Comes Out For Marriage Equality
- Affirmations Recognizes Outstanding LGBTs, Allies at Silver Jubilee
- Michigan Leaders React To Feds Recognition Of Marriages
- ENDA Lobbying Comes to Michigan
- Transgender Day of Visibility Now World Wide
- White Nationalist Group Files Brief Supporting AG's Appeal In Marriage Ruling
- Sixth Circuit Continues Stay
- Michigan Marriage Ban Struck Down
- New LGBT-run Bakery Brings Organic Goodies to Detroit
- Elected Officials, Advocates Petition Schuette To Drop Marriage Aappeal
- Michigan Makes History With First Marriages
- Discredited Witness Part Of Right-Wing Cabal
- Schauer Celebrates Overturn Of Michigan Marriage Ban