Arts & Entertainment
Barney Frank To Speak At Peters Event
By Shelby Clark
Originally printed 12/19/2013 (Issue 2151 - Between The Lines News)
ROYAL OAK - Openly gay politician, Barney Frank, will be in metro-Detroit this week as a guest at a reception honoring Congressman Gary Peters.
Considered the most prominent gay politician in the U.S., Frank served as a U.S. Congressman from Massachusetts from 1981 to 2013. Frank is known for his advocacy for LGBT rights.
Congressman Peters, who is running as a candidate for U.S. Senate, will have his reception at the home of Michael "Chet" Chetcuti and Kyle Evans at 827 E. Fourth St., Royal Oak.
Those interested in attending can RSVP to Elisa Malile at 248-318-5421 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The reception runs from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 5. Tickets for the event range from $250 to $2,600.To find out more on the events listed in this article, go to BTL's Calendar at www.pridesource.com/calendar.
- Judge Takes Up Ban On Domestic Partner Benefits
- Motor City Pride Line-Up Includes 'Glee' Star, Erasure's Andy Bell
- Helping Transgender Population Find Jobs
- MI AG, Lawyers Disagree Over Gay Marriage Appeal Path
- Detroit Fashion Designer DL Perrett Presents Neon Valley Streets Event
- Jim Toy Center To Honor Congressman Dingell
- Modern Works of Art for Sale This Weekend
- Hoadley To Seek LGBT Support At May 3 Detroit Fundraiser
- Inclusive Justice Conference Coming Up
- Couples Celebrate Love And Acceptance at LGBT Wedding and Anniversary Expo
- Michigan Same Sex Couples Demand Respect And Equal Treatment
- Judge Takes Up Ban On MI Domestic Partner Benefits
- Ultimate LGBT Wedding Expo A Smashing Success
- Graduating Gay: LGBT Spring Events at Local Universities
- Gay-Owned Espresso & Gelato Shop Finds Niche in Detroit
- Dine Out For Life April 24
- 2014 Good Neighbors = Strong Community Award Recipients Announced
- LGBT Caucus Seating Available At Upcoming MDP Dinner, Bill Clinton To Keynote
- ACLU Files Lawsuit: State Must Recognize Same-Sex Marriages
- GALLERY: The Ultimate LGBT Wedding & Anniversary Expo Runway Show