Arts & Entertainment
Providence College Students And Alumni Speak Out For Corvino
Originally printed 10/10/2013 (Issue 2141 - Between The Lines News)
Days like today make me wish I transferred. Shame on you Providence College. Stop doubting students, the education you provide and your staff.
Today is the first time that I can say I'm embarrassed to be a Providence College alum. This action does not speak for all students/alums.
For the record, a majority of the Providence College student body is outraged about your disinvitation and we would love to hear you speak.
On behalf of my school, I sincerely apologize to Dr. John Corvino for the cancellation of his lecture. Know that Providence College students always welcome you.
Dr. Corvino, I think I'm speaking for many of us when I say I'm sincerely mortified about this childish decision my school made.
Disappointed in Providence College, a place I loved so much. Dr. John Corvino responds graciously and intelligently.
- We Have Nothing Against You, But...
- World AIDS Day Prompted Proclamations And Statements From Leaders And Activists. Here Are A Few Of Them:
- Age Has Its Advice (And Advantages)
- Thankful For The Blessing To Give
- Detroit And Region Will Grow Vibrant Through Full Inclusion
- Remembering, And Looking Ahead