Arts & Entertainment
Oct. 11 Is National Coming Out Day
Originally printed 10/10/2013 (Issue 2141 - Between The Lines News)
Organizations around the country will celebrate National Coming Out Day on Friday, Oct. 11.
At 7 p.m. at Affirmations Community Center in Ferndale, they will hold a Sabbath service with Affirmations Faith Alliance partners.
Come join in the festivities at 290 W. Nine Mile.
Anti-Bullying Workshop Planned
On Oct. 15 from 6 - 8:30 p.m. at Ferndale High School Media Center, a workshop for scholl staff and parents will be presented by Ferndale Youth Assistance. The workshop entitled Bully Proof, will help attendees identify the signs and causes of bullying and learn intervention strategies. The workshop is free. RSVP to 248-586-8700 or by email email@example.com
Out 2 Enroll Helps With Affordable Care Act
Qut 2 Enroll is a collaborative effort of the Sellers Dorsey Foundation, Center for American Progress, and the Federal Agencies Project to educate the LGBT community about the Affordable Care Act and help people locate the resources necessary for enrollment.
In a press release the group noted that getting covered is "a marathon not a sprint" and reminds everyone they have until next March to sign up allowing time to make the choices needed by each individual. The online resource and campaign will launch with National Coming Out Day, Oct. 11. Search http://out2enroll.org
- State Of Affairs: Crisis In Prevention For Gay Community
- HIV/AIDS Prevention Options
- Detroit Art Scene Shines Every 3rd Thursday
- Affirmations Helpline Revamped
- State Rep. Candidate Jeremy Moss
- DTMC Christmas Concert Dec. 14
- Gala Kicks Off The Season
- Ruth Ellis Bio-pic To Be Screened At Center
- State Of Affairs: Funding Of HIV Programs In Jeopardy
- World AIDS Day Commemorated In Michigan Events
- Eight Michigan Cities Included In HRC Municpal Equality Index
- Michigan 31: Trenton Passes Human Rights Ordinance
- Transgender Day Of Remembrance Lists 242 Killed
- How To Survive A Plague Comes To PBS
- Hope And Understanding For 'Unstably Housed' Youth
- Executive Director For Affirmations Dave Garcia Announces Departure
- Transgender Woman Murdered in Detroit
- Justice For Shelly: Civil Rights Complaint Filed Against Police In Gruesome Murder
- KICK Health Expo Discussions Go Beyond The Basics
- Transgender Workers Are At A High Risk Of Unemployment And Poverty