Arts & Entertainment
Transgender Health Fair Coming Up
Originally printed 9/26/2013 (Issue 2139 - Between The Lines News)
The annual transgender health fair continues to grow, with one-stop shopping for transgender health care professionals, service providers and supportive organizations specifically for the "T"s in the LGBT family.
The event takes place Sept. 28 from 1-4 p.m. at Affirmations in Ferndale, and includes workshops and a vendor area full of booths with nurses, speech therapists, pharmacies, counselors, skin care professionals, beauty salons and more.
This year's fair is gaining special attention, according to Transgender Michigan's Rachel Crandall who organized the event. "The Pride Center of Western New York is using our transgender health fair as a model for their first transgender health fair," Crandall said.
Affirmations Community Center is located at 290 W. Nine Mile Rd.
- State Politicos Slam Agema's Latest Anti-Gay Screed
- FACT CHECK: Agema Claimed American Airlines Forced By San Francisco To Provide Benefits To Gay Couples
- Tracking What You Don't Talk About: Intimate Partner Violence In The LGBT Community
- When Violence Happens, Call Equality Michigan
- Rudy Serra, State Representative Candidate
- National GOP Committeeman Dave Agema Speaks Against Homosexuality, Again
- State Of Affairs: Crisis In Prevention For Gay Community
- HIV/AIDS Prevention Options
- Detroit Art Scene Shines Every 3rd Thursday
- Affirmations Helpline Revamped
- State Rep. Candidate Jeremy Moss
- DTMC Christmas Concert Dec. 14
- Gala Kicks Off The Season
- Ruth Ellis Bio-pic To Be Screened At Center
- State Of Affairs: Funding Of HIV Programs In Jeopardy
- World AIDS Day Commemorated In Michigan Events
- Eight Michigan Cities Included In HRC Municpal Equality Index