Arts & Entertainment
Chetcuti-Evans To Host One Royal Oak Benefit Oct. 1
Originally printed 9/26/2013 (Issue 2139 - Between The Lines News)
ROYAL OAK - Michael Chetcuti and Kyle Evans will open their famous home in downtown Royal Oak for a cocktail party to benefit One Royal Oak, the campaign to retain the city's inclusive non-discrimination ordinance. Voters go to the polls Nov. 5 to decide whether to keep the policy or rescind it.
Unlike most homes, there is a Mustang in the front room of this one, reflecting the owners' passion for exquisite design - and of course, cars.
Democratic Gubernatorial candidate Mark Schauer will be the guest speaker. Schauer is an outspoken advocate for LGBT rights and strongly supports the ordinance.
Tickets start at $100 and can be purchased online at http://www.oneroyaloak.org.
- State Of Affairs: Crisis In Prevention For Gay Community
- HIV/AIDS Prevention Options
- Detroit Art Scene Shines Every 3rd Thursday
- Affirmations Helpline Revamped
- State Rep. Candidate Jeremy Moss
- DTMC Christmas Concert Dec. 14
- Gala Kicks Off The Season
- Ruth Ellis Bio-pic To Be Screened At Center
- State Of Affairs: Funding Of HIV Programs In Jeopardy
- World AIDS Day Commemorated In Michigan Events
- Eight Michigan Cities Included In HRC Municpal Equality Index
- Michigan 31: Trenton Passes Human Rights Ordinance
- Transgender Day Of Remembrance Lists 242 Killed
- How To Survive A Plague Comes To PBS
- Hope And Understanding For 'Unstably Housed' Youth
- Executive Director For Affirmations Dave Garcia Announces Departure
- Transgender Woman Murdered in Detroit
- Justice For Shelly: Civil Rights Complaint Filed Against Police In Gruesome Murder
- KICK Health Expo Discussions Go Beyond The Basics
- Transgender Workers Are At A High Risk Of Unemployment And Poverty