Arts & Entertainment
Riverwalk Theatre, Red Cross Team Up
Originally printed 8/22/2013 (Issue 2134 - Between The Lines News)
Donate blood and receive a discounted ticket to Riverwalk Theatre's production of M*A*S*H. That's what the Great Lakes Region of the American Red Cross and Riverwalk Theatre are encouraging people to do on Aug. 27. In an effort to boost the blood supply and show appreciation to blood donors, the two groups are joining forces for a blood drive on Tuesday, Aug. 27, from 9 a.m. to 2:45 p.m., at the Radisson Hotel located at 111 N. Grand Ave. Anyone who comes out to donate blood will receive a voucher they can exchange for a discounted ticket to see any performance of M*A*S*H (performance dates are Sept. 12-22).
"The need for a large blood supply for transfusions is evident in both the script and in real life," says Gary Mitchell, producer of M*A*S*H and a member of the Riverwalk Theatre Board of Directors. "Riverwalk Theatre is delighted to be working with the Red Cross to encourage people to donate blood. This is a noble cause that benefits many."
To schedule an appointment call 1-800-RED CROSS or visit http://www.redcrossblood.org and use sponsor code: MDOC. Appointments are preferred, but walk-ins are welcome as space permits. The discounted ticket vouchers will be distributed at the blood drive by the American Red Cross.
Theatre tickets are available at the door on a first-come-first-served basis; to guarantee a seat, call ahead for reservations at 517-482-5700.
- State Of Affairs: Crisis In Prevention For Gay Community
- HIV/AIDS Prevention Options
- Detroit Art Scene Shines Every 3rd Thursday
- Affirmations Helpline Revamped
- State Rep. Candidate Jeremy Moss
- DTMC Christmas Concert Dec. 14
- Gala Kicks Off The Season
- Ruth Ellis Bio-pic To Be Screened At Center
- State Of Affairs: Funding Of HIV Programs In Jeopardy
- World AIDS Day Commemorated In Michigan Events
- Eight Michigan Cities Included In HRC Municpal Equality Index
- Michigan 31: Trenton Passes Human Rights Ordinance
- Transgender Day Of Remembrance Lists 242 Killed
- How To Survive A Plague Comes To PBS
- Hope And Understanding For 'Unstably Housed' Youth
- Executive Director For Affirmations Dave Garcia Announces Departure
- Transgender Woman Murdered in Detroit
- Justice For Shelly: Civil Rights Complaint Filed Against Police In Gruesome Murder
- KICK Health Expo Discussions Go Beyond The Basics
- Transgender Workers Are At A High Risk Of Unemployment And Poverty