Arts & Entertainment
Training in Non-Violent Resistance Planned
Originally printed 3/7/2013 (Issue 2110 - Between The Lines News)
On April 13 Inclusive Justice will present a training opportunity for people interested in non-violent resistance.
Activities run from 1 - 7:30 p.m. at Eastern Michigan University Student Center with registration beginning at noon. Dinner is included.
The keynote speaker is Rev. Dr. Cindi Love, executive director of Soulforce, who will discuss Pop-Ups, Flash Mobs & Digital Activism in Public Square.
Two additional workshop sessions are planned for the afternoon with breakout sessions ranging from social media usage to ending spiritual oppression.
Dinner is from 5 - 6 p.m. with a performance after dinner by Performance Art for Justice. Registration fees: Students $20, Adults $45, Patrons $75 and Sponsors $200. Scholarships are available.
Soulforce is a national organization which works to end the political and religious oppression of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer LGBTQ/SGL people through relentless, non-violent resistence. Inclusive Justice is a state-wide, faith-based coalition that promotes greater acceptance and fair treatment of LGBTQ/SGL persons within religious communities and through public policy advocacy.
Learn more at http://www.inclusivejustice.org or call 248-424-9513.
- Couples Celebrate Love And Acceptance at LGBT Wedding and Anniversary Expo
- Michigan Same Sex Couples Demand Respect And Equal Treatment
- Judge Takes Up Ban On MI Domestic Partner Benefits
- Ultimate LGBT Wedding Expo A Smashing Success
- Graduating Gay: LGBT Spring Events at Local Universities
- Gay-Owned Espresso & Gelato Shop Finds Niche in Detroit
- Dine Out For Life April 24
- 2014 Good Neighbors = Strong Community Award Recipients Announced
- LGBT Caucus Seating Available At Upcoming MDP Dinner, Bill Clinton To Keynote
- ACLU Files Lawsuit: State Must Recognize Same-Sex Marriages
- GALLERY: The Ultimate LGBT Wedding & Anniversary Expo Runway Show
- BREAKING: ACLU To File Lawsuit: State Must Recognize Same-Sex Marriages
- Albion Students Demand Schuette Resign From College Board
- Equality Michigan Remembers Dr. Henry Messer, April 13
- Affirmations Celebrates 25 Years Of Service At Silver Jubilee
- Saginaw City To Vote On Ordinance
- VIDEO: Affirmations Silver Jubilee Presentation
- Suspect Sketch Released In Ypsi Anti-Gay Attack
- Prominent Detroit Minister 'Comes Out' As Ally
- 'Traditional Marriage' Not The Black Family Reality
- LETTER: One Pastor Comes Out For Marriage Equality