Arts & Entertainment
Training in Non-Violent Resistance Planned
Originally printed 3/7/2013 (Issue 2110 - Between The Lines News)
On April 13 Inclusive Justice will present a training opportunity for people interested in non-violent resistance.
Activities run from 1 - 7:30 p.m. at Eastern Michigan University Student Center with registration beginning at noon. Dinner is included.
The keynote speaker is Rev. Dr. Cindi Love, executive director of Soulforce, who will discuss Pop-Ups, Flash Mobs & Digital Activism in Public Square.
Two additional workshop sessions are planned for the afternoon with breakout sessions ranging from social media usage to ending spiritual oppression.
Dinner is from 5 - 6 p.m. with a performance after dinner by Performance Art for Justice. Registration fees: Students $20, Adults $45, Patrons $75 and Sponsors $200. Scholarships are available.
Soulforce is a national organization which works to end the political and religious oppression of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer LGBTQ/SGL people through relentless, non-violent resistence. Inclusive Justice is a state-wide, faith-based coalition that promotes greater acceptance and fair treatment of LGBTQ/SGL persons within religious communities and through public policy advocacy.
Learn more at http://www.inclusivejustice.org or call 248-424-9513.
- Hotter Than July Conference Focuses On Past, Future Of Detroit's African American LGBT Community
- Lesbian Couple In Kalamazoo See Home Ruined
- Equality Michigan Starts Petition To Change Michfest Trans Exclusion Policy
- Fifth Annual Hotter Than July Boat Ride A Fun Time
- HTJ Opening Ceremony Draws Large Crowd
- State Rep. Zemke Introduces Bill To Prohibit Conversion Therapy In Michigan
- Good News For LGBT Students At Michigan Universities
- HTJ Pride Picnic Preview
- HTJ Schedule: Warming Up Detroit
- Progressive Detroit Talks On The National Level: Netroots Closeup
- LGBTs Connect At Netroots Nation
- Michigan Healthcare Providers Discuss LGBT Focus Initiatives
- Mark Schauer Comes To Braun Court
- Hotter Than July Preview
- Immigration: Out Of The Shadows
- Choice: Closely Aligned
- Environment: Only Way To Win Is By Working Together
- Housing: 'We Are All In This Together'
- Labor: A Decades Long Partnership
- Two More Openly LGBT Candidates Announce MI Campaigns
- Hotter Than July Film Festival In Midtown
- Diverse Support For Same-Sex Couples In Michigan's Marriage Ban Challenge