Arts & Entertainment
Training in Non-Violent Resistance Planned
Originally printed 3/7/2013 (Issue 2110 - Between The Lines News)
On April 13 Inclusive Justice will present a training opportunity for people interested in non-violent resistance.
Activities run from 1 - 7:30 p.m. at Eastern Michigan University Student Center with registration beginning at noon. Dinner is included.
The keynote speaker is Rev. Dr. Cindi Love, executive director of Soulforce, who will discuss Pop-Ups, Flash Mobs & Digital Activism in Public Square.
Two additional workshop sessions are planned for the afternoon with breakout sessions ranging from social media usage to ending spiritual oppression.
Dinner is from 5 - 6 p.m. with a performance after dinner by Performance Art for Justice. Registration fees: Students $20, Adults $45, Patrons $75 and Sponsors $200. Scholarships are available.
Soulforce is a national organization which works to end the political and religious oppression of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer LGBTQ/SGL people through relentless, non-violent resistence. Inclusive Justice is a state-wide, faith-based coalition that promotes greater acceptance and fair treatment of LGBTQ/SGL persons within religious communities and through public policy advocacy.
Learn more at http://www.inclusivejustice.org or call 248-424-9513.
- State Politicos Slam Agema's Latest Anti-Gay Screed
- FACT CHECK: Agema Claimed American Airlines Forced By San Francisco To Provide Benefits To Gay Couples
- National GOP Committeeman Dave Agema Speaks Against Homosexuality, Again
- State Of Affairs: Crisis In Prevention For Gay Community
- HIV/AIDS Prevention Options
- Detroit Art Scene Shines Every 3rd Thursday
- Affirmations Helpline Revamped
- State Rep. Candidate Jeremy Moss
- DTMC Christmas Concert Dec. 14
- Gala Kicks Off The Season
- Ruth Ellis Bio-pic To Be Screened At Center
- State Of Affairs: Funding Of HIV Programs In Jeopardy
- World AIDS Day Commemorated In Michigan Events
- Eight Michigan Cities Included In HRC Municpal Equality Index
- Michigan 31: Trenton Passes Human Rights Ordinance
- Transgender Day Of Remembrance Lists 242 Killed
- How To Survive A Plague Comes To PBS
- Hope And Understanding For 'Unstably Housed' Youth
- Executive Director For Affirmations Dave Garcia Announces Departure
- Transgender Woman Murdered in Detroit
- Justice For Shelly: Civil Rights Complaint Filed Against Police In Gruesome Murder
- KICK Health Expo Discussions Go Beyond The Basics
- Transgender Workers Are At A High Risk Of Unemployment And Poverty