The Education & Advocacy Exhibition Feb. 23
Originally printed 2/21/2013 (Issue 2108 - Between The Lines News)
Comerica Bank will be an associate sponsor of the Education & Advocacy Exhibition, an LGBT college conference, sponsored by KICK The Agency for LGBT African Americans, on Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Hannan House, 4750 Woodward Ave.
The exhibition will allow LGBT students, allies and their families the opportunity to interact with colleges and universities in a safe and supportive environment. There will be mini workshops, lectures, activities and information sessions focusing on a variety of topics specific to LGBT participants throughout the day. Admission officers, counselors, and financial aid professionals from colleges, universities, technical/vocational schools, and training agencies will also be on hand to answer questions and provide information.
"Education is a foundation for the success of our communities and consequently, our business," said Robert J. Hammond III, assistant vice president Comerica Bank. "We are proud to support KICK's Education & Advocacy Exhibition." The Education & Advocacy Exhibition is free and light refreshments will be provided.
In addition to Comerica Bank, The Education & Advocacy Exhibition is sponsored by Cleary University, Marygrove College and Friends of KICK.
.For more information contact Curtis Lipscomb at 313-285-9733 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- UPDATE: Suspected LGBT Killer In Metro Detroit Caught
- Upper Peninsula Celebrates First LGBT Pride Fest
- Schauer Leaves His Mark On Michigan Pride
- GAGG And LGBT: Gearing Up For November
- Affirmations Resumes Search For New Executive Director
- Michigan Education Groups Call For LGBT Rights
- GALLERY: Mark Schauer Joins Equality Rally In Lansing
- Arguments For Right To Stay Married Heard In Caspar v Snyder
- Michigan: A Brief Timeline of LGBT Milestones In the Capital City
- Mental Health Providers Access Latest Training On LGBT Clinical Issues
- Local Residents Sign-On For Right To Discriminate
- Extending Marriage To Same-Sex Couples Could Add Millions To Michigan's Economy
- Ann Arbor Animal Hospital
- Ann Arbor Cat Clinic
- Humane Society of Huron Valley
- Washtenaw Veterinary Hospital
- Visitors Bureau
- Ypsilanti Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Women's Health
- Planned Parenthood Mid and South Michigan
- Men's Yoga
- Youth Services
- Neutral Zone
- The Corner Health Center - Young Adult Health Center
- Ozone House Youth and Family Services
Enter contests to win great prizes like CDs, DVDs, concert tickets and more
- Feds Give Spring Arbor University Permission To Discriminate Against LGBT Community
- Q&A: Panic! Frontman Talks Westboro Protest: 'It Was Pathetic'
- Michfest Responds: We Have a Few Demands Of Our Own
- Q&A: Jennifer Hudson On Lesbian Rumors & Drag Queen Attitude: 'I Don't Care What You Think'
- Viewpoint:Why Trans Exclusion At Michfest Must Finally End
Sign up to receive our weekly newsletters today!
"The Ghosts in Our Machine" is a powerful 2013 feature documentary about animal rights, made accessible through the photos and personal journey of well-known international photographer Jo-Anne McArthur and lesbian filmmaker Liz Marshall.
This Week's Issue
Download or view this week's print issue today!