Arts & Entertainment
The Education & Advocacy Exhibition Feb. 23
Originally printed 2/21/2013 (Issue 2108 - Between The Lines News)
Comerica Bank will be an associate sponsor of the Education & Advocacy Exhibition, an LGBT college conference, sponsored by KICK The Agency for LGBT African Americans, on Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Hannan House, 4750 Woodward Ave.
The exhibition will allow LGBT students, allies and their families the opportunity to interact with colleges and universities in a safe and supportive environment. There will be mini workshops, lectures, activities and information sessions focusing on a variety of topics specific to LGBT participants throughout the day. Admission officers, counselors, and financial aid professionals from colleges, universities, technical/vocational schools, and training agencies will also be on hand to answer questions and provide information.
"Education is a foundation for the success of our communities and consequently, our business," said Robert J. Hammond III, assistant vice president Comerica Bank. "We are proud to support KICK's Education & Advocacy Exhibition." The Education & Advocacy Exhibition is free and light refreshments will be provided.
In addition to Comerica Bank, The Education & Advocacy Exhibition is sponsored by Cleary University, Marygrove College and Friends of KICK.
.For more information contact Curtis Lipscomb at 313-285-9733 or email@example.com
- National GOP Committeeman Dave Agema Speaks Against Homosexuality, Again
- State Of Affairs: Crisis In Prevention For Gay Community
- HIV/AIDS Prevention Options
- Detroit Art Scene Shines Every 3rd Thursday
- Affirmations Helpline Revamped
- State Rep. Candidate Jeremy Moss
- DTMC Christmas Concert Dec. 14
- Gala Kicks Off The Season
- Ruth Ellis Bio-pic To Be Screened At Center
- State Of Affairs: Funding Of HIV Programs In Jeopardy
- World AIDS Day Commemorated In Michigan Events
- Eight Michigan Cities Included In HRC Municpal Equality Index
- Michigan 31: Trenton Passes Human Rights Ordinance
- Transgender Day Of Remembrance Lists 242 Killed
- How To Survive A Plague Comes To PBS
- Hope And Understanding For 'Unstably Housed' Youth
- Executive Director For Affirmations Dave Garcia Announces Departure
- Transgender Woman Murdered in Detroit
- Justice For Shelly: Civil Rights Complaint Filed Against Police In Gruesome Murder
- KICK Health Expo Discussions Go Beyond The Basics
- Transgender Workers Are At A High Risk Of Unemployment And Poverty