Arts & Entertainment
Iowa GOP Chair Says Dems The 'Gay-Marriage Party'
Originally printed 2/14/2013 (Issue 2107 - Between The Lines News)
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) -
The head of the Iowa Republican Party says he will continue to uphold the GOP's opposition to gay marriage.
The Des Moines Register reports http://dmreg.co/W4ibCp that during a taping of the public television program "Iowa Press" on Thursday, AJ Spiker said the Iowa GOP believes marriage should only be allowed between men and women.
Some Iowa Republicans have called for the party to embrace same-sex marriage.
Spiker added that, "There is one gay-marriage party in the state of Iowa and that's the Iowa Democratic Party."
Democratic Party Chairman Tyler Olson noted after the program that his party supports marriage-equality for gay couples.
Spiker said he didn't expect Republicans who favor gay marriage to leave the party.
Gay marriage has been legal in Iowa since a 2009 state Supreme Court ruling.
- Florida Federal Judge Rules For Same-Sex Marriage
- TLC Star Says Transgender People Are Child Predators
- Boy Killed By Mother For Playing With Dolls
- SCOTUS Blocks Virginia Same-Sex Marriages
- Open Letter On Michael Brown #HandsUpDon'tShoot
- Will & Grace Featured In The Smithsonian Collection
- Cyber Bullying Higher For LGBT Youth
- N.J. School Allows Trans Girl To Attend As Herself
- Oregon Medicaid To Cover Gender Reassignment Surgery
- Lambda Legal Sues On Behalf Of Veteran Same-Sex Spouses
- Uzo Aduba Wins Emmy For Crazy Eyes
- Memorial Service Held for Trans Woman Killed In Baltimore
- Bryan Fisher Blames Lesbian Attorney For Perry's Indictment
- 13-Year-Old Trans Girl Banned From School
- Welcoming First Trans Man To U.S. House of Reps
- Facebook Donated $10k To Attorney General Appealing Marriage Equality In Utah
- Reagan Aide Says Disney Has Gay Agenda
- Texas Values President Loses Wife
- California Considers Gender Neutral Birth Certificate Language
- Texas Legislators Link Incest And Pedophilia To Same-Sex Marriage
- American Bar Association Endorses LGBT NonDiscrim Protections
- Highlights Of Love And Commitment From Aug. 5 Rally In Ohio
- Energy Rises In Cincinnati Streets Just Before 6th Circuit Hearing