Arts & Entertainment
AIDS Partnership Michigan Appoints Chief Executive Officer
Originally printed 2/14/2013 (Issue 2107 - Between The Lines News)
Tom Verwest, President of the Board of AIDS Partnership Michigan, has announced the appointment of William D. VanHemert to the position of Chief Executive Officer effective March 4. VanHemert will succeed Barbara Murray, who is retiring after 24 years in the leadership position. He will become the 30 year old organization's third CEO.
VanHemert was employed at APM from 1993 to 1996. After moving to the western U.S., he served in positions with the Arizona Department of Health, New Arizona Family and United Behavioral Health in San Francisco. He returned to APM in 2009 and has most recently served as Director of Community Mobilization and Development, including the development of APM's highly recognized social media campaign to increase HIV testing targeting young African American men in Detroit, Wayne and Washtenaw counties.
VanHemert holds a BS in Psychology from Central Michigan University and a Master of Social Work in Clinical Mental Health from Wayne State University.
AIDS Partnership Michigan, the state of Michigan's first incorporated AIDS service organization, provides total wrap around services in response to HIV/AIDS including operation of the Michigan HIV/STD Hotline, HIV counseling and testing, medical case management, community re-entry for the Michigan Department of Corrections and Wayne County jail, behavioral health services and early intervention services. Over 8,500 clients are served annually. The organization employs 26 full time staff and manages an annual operating budget of $2.2 million.Learn more at http://www.aidspartnership.org, on Facebook and at 1-800-872-2437.
- Marriage Supporters, Protestors Brave Cold At Courthouse
- Brown Says Schuette Instructed Clerks To Defy Court
- Peers Distance Themselves As Regnerus Takes The Stand
- Federal Marriage Case Decisions Outside Michigan In Circuit Court of Appeals
- Detroit Police Announce LGBT Liaison
- Obamacare Education And Enrollment Event
- Upcoming Holocaust Center Program To Look At Worldwide LGBT Rights
- Michigan Marriage Equality Trial Begins Second Week
- Gala Celebrates Progress, Mourns Founder
- Emotional Outpouring For Marriage At Equality Cabaret
- Wayne County Adds LGBT Protections
- PUGH UPDATE: Civil Suit Coming, Seeks $1 Million In Damages
- Between Ourselves: Meet Affirmations Development Director Angela Gabridge
- LGBTQ and Allies to Peacefully Protest Catholic Conference
- ACCESS Opens Healthcare Enrollment Assistance To Public
- MSU 2014 LGBT Scholarship Applications Available
- Charles Pugh: An In-Depth Look At The Rise And Fall Of A Local LGBT Hero
- Affirmations Receives $800,000 Bequest
- Equality-Supporting County Clerks Among Catalyst Award Winners
- Gay-Owned Espresso & Gelato Shop Finds Niche in Detroit