Jewish Gay Network Becomes Committee of Jewish Community Center
Originally printed 2/7/2013 (Issue 2106 - Between The Lines News)
WEST BLOOMFIELD -
The Jewish Gay Network of Michigan recently announced that the group is now a committee of the Jewish Community Center. JGN Board President Michael J. Phillips thanked Mark Lit, executive director of the JCC, Brian Siegel, president of the JCC, and the executive board of the JCC for accepting the proposal that JGN become a committee of the JCC.
"The JCC has always been very supportive of JGN over the past few years. With this decision, it proves that the JCC is truly an inclusive community center that is safe, supportive and welcoming to everyone who enter its doors. This has been a year-long process. We are overjoyed with this new affiliation and look forward to working with the JCC Executive Board and staff," said Phillips in an email announcement.
JGN will be moving the office into the Art, Culture and Education Department of the West Bloomfield JCC, under the direction of Shari Lebow. Tracy Agranove will be the part-time staff person.
The public is welcome to attend JGN's next Open Board Meeting on Wednesday, Feb. 20 at 7 p.m. at the West Bloomfield location of the Jewish Community Center. Staff and board will be on hand to answer any questions and discuss the new affiliation. They will also help to facilitate some brainstorming about the future of JGN and the JCC. If you plan to attend organizers request an RSVP to the JGN office by Feb. 18. Call 248-432-5661 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Equality Michigan and Connect2Protect Fundraise For Gender Neutral Bathrooms In Detroit
- New AIDS Partnership Michigan Coordinator To Tackle HIV, MSM Stigma For Detroit Agency
- Mich. Dems Push Elliott-Larsen Amendment In House And Senate
- Gays Against Gary Glenn
- AIDS Walk Locations
- MY Consent Day Empowers Michigan Youth, LGBT Survivors Of Assault
- AIDS/HIV Organizations
- Detroit Lighthouse Program
- Wonderful Animals Giving Support (WAGS)
- Animal Shelter
- Humane Society of Huron Valley
- Human Sexuality Collection
- University Musical Society
- Event Planners
- The Wedding Connection
- NATIONAL HOME LENDING dba Gold Star Financial
- Religious & Spiritual
- Oasis TBLG Outreach Ministry
- The Hot House
- Transgender Groups/Services
- UMHS Comprehensive Gender Services Program
Enter contests to win great prizes like CDs, DVDs, concert tickets and more
- Michfest Responds: We Have a Few Demands Of Our Own
- Q&A: Jennifer Hudson On Lesbian Rumors & Drag Queen Attitude: 'I Don't Care What You Think'
- LeAnn Rimes Q&A: 'Eddie & I Are A Gay Man's Wet Dream'
- Why Jason Mraz Won't Kiss & Tell: 'I've Spoken Up For The Things That Are Important To Me'
- Equality Michigan Stands With Allies: Seeking Full Inclusion
"The Ghosts in Our Machine" is a powerful 2013 feature documentary about animal rights, made accessible through the photos and personal journey of well-known international photographer Jo-Anne McArthur and lesbian filmmaker Liz Marshall.
This Week's Issue
Download or view this week's print issue today!
Sign up to receive our weekly newsletters today!