Arts & Entertainment
Jewish Gay Network Becomes Committee of Jewish Community Center
Originally printed 2/7/2013 (Issue 2106 - Between The Lines News)
WEST BLOOMFIELD -
The Jewish Gay Network of Michigan recently announced that the group is now a committee of the Jewish Community Center. JGN Board President Michael J. Phillips thanked Mark Lit, executive director of the JCC, Brian Siegel, president of the JCC, and the executive board of the JCC for accepting the proposal that JGN become a committee of the JCC.
"The JCC has always been very supportive of JGN over the past few years. With this decision, it proves that the JCC is truly an inclusive community center that is safe, supportive and welcoming to everyone who enter its doors. This has been a year-long process. We are overjoyed with this new affiliation and look forward to working with the JCC Executive Board and staff," said Phillips in an email announcement.
JGN will be moving the office into the Art, Culture and Education Department of the West Bloomfield JCC, under the direction of Shari Lebow. Tracy Agranove will be the part-time staff person.
The public is welcome to attend JGN's next Open Board Meeting on Wednesday, Feb. 20 at 7 p.m. at the West Bloomfield location of the Jewish Community Center. Staff and board will be on hand to answer any questions and discuss the new affiliation. They will also help to facilitate some brainstorming about the future of JGN and the JCC. If you plan to attend organizers request an RSVP to the JGN office by Feb. 18. Call 248-432-5661 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- State Politicos Slam Agema's Latest Anti-Gay Screed
- FACT CHECK: Agema Claimed American Airlines Forced By San Francisco To Provide Benefits To Gay Couples
- Tracking What You Don't Talk About: Intimate Partner Violence In The LGBT Community
- When Violence Happens, Call Equality Michigan
- Rudy Serra, State Representative Candidate
- National GOP Committeeman Dave Agema Speaks Against Homosexuality, Again
- State Of Affairs: Crisis In Prevention For Gay Community
- HIV/AIDS Prevention Options
- Detroit Art Scene Shines Every 3rd Thursday
- Affirmations Helpline Revamped
- State Rep. Candidate Jeremy Moss
- DTMC Christmas Concert Dec. 14
- Gala Kicks Off The Season
- Ruth Ellis Bio-pic To Be Screened At Center
- State Of Affairs: Funding Of HIV Programs In Jeopardy
- World AIDS Day Commemorated In Michigan Events
- Eight Michigan Cities Included In HRC Municpal Equality Index