Arts & Entertainment
Forums Will Look At LGBT Consumers and the Affordable Care Act
Reform And Access To Quality, Affordable Healthcare Evaluated
Originally printed 2/7/2013 (Issue 2106 - Between The Lines News)
Michigan's leading healthcare consumer organization, Michigan Consumers for Healthcare, the Center for American Progress and Equality Michigan will be presenting forums around the state starting this month entitled "The Affordable Care Act and LGBT Consumers: How Healthcare Reform Improves Access to Quality, Affordable Healthcare."
"Healthcare reform is part of a string of incredible advances that LGBT communities have fought for across the United States. But it's really crucial that LGBT consumers understand how these reforms benefit them in particular and how they can get involved to shape LGBT-friendly implementations of the law," said Ryan Sullivan, Policy Lead at MCH.
Eli Isaguirre, Western Michigan Coordinator at MCH, spoke about the importance of explaining this law to all communities.
"The main thing we want people to take away is a better understanding of what health reform actually is. There is so much misinformation out there that people don't know what to believe. Our non-partisan approach to educating people about the Affordable Care Act gives them the best opportunity to cut through partisan rhetoric and truly have a better understanding of the law," said Isaguire.
Oakland University, Gold Room C, Oakland Center, Feb. 11 at 2 p.m.
Eastern Michigan University, 350 Student Center, Feb. 12 at 3:30
University of Michigan, 1230 Weill Hall (School of Public Policy) Feb. 12 at 7 p.m.
For more information visit:
- Couples Celebrate Love And Acceptance at LGBT Wedding and Anniversary Expo
- Michigan Same Sex Couples Demand Respect And Equal Treatment
- Judge Takes Up Ban On MI Domestic Partner Benefits
- Ultimate LGBT Wedding Expo A Smashing Success
- Graduating Gay: LGBT Spring Events at Local Universities
- Gay-Owned Espresso & Gelato Shop Finds Niche in Detroit
- Dine Out For Life April 24
- 2014 Good Neighbors = Strong Community Award Recipients Announced
- LGBT Caucus Seating Available At Upcoming MDP Dinner, Bill Clinton To Keynote
- ACLU Files Lawsuit: State Must Recognize Same-Sex Marriages
- GALLERY: The Ultimate LGBT Wedding & Anniversary Expo Runway Show
- BREAKING: ACLU To File Lawsuit: State Must Recognize Same-Sex Marriages
- Albion Students Demand Schuette Resign From College Board
- Equality Michigan Remembers Dr. Henry Messer, April 13
- Affirmations Celebrates 25 Years Of Service At Silver Jubilee
- Saginaw City To Vote On Ordinance
- VIDEO: Affirmations Silver Jubilee Presentation
- Suspect Sketch Released In Ypsi Anti-Gay Attack
- Prominent Detroit Minister 'Comes Out' As Ally
- 'Traditional Marriage' Not The Black Family Reality
- LETTER: One Pastor Comes Out For Marriage Equality