Forums Will Look At LGBT Consumers and the Affordable Care Act
Reform And Access To Quality, Affordable Healthcare Evaluated
Originally printed 2/7/2013 (Issue 2106 - Between The Lines News)
Michigan's leading healthcare consumer organization, Michigan Consumers for Healthcare, the Center for American Progress and Equality Michigan will be presenting forums around the state starting this month entitled "The Affordable Care Act and LGBT Consumers: How Healthcare Reform Improves Access to Quality, Affordable Healthcare."
"Healthcare reform is part of a string of incredible advances that LGBT communities have fought for across the United States. But it's really crucial that LGBT consumers understand how these reforms benefit them in particular and how they can get involved to shape LGBT-friendly implementations of the law," said Ryan Sullivan, Policy Lead at MCH.
Eli Isaguirre, Western Michigan Coordinator at MCH, spoke about the importance of explaining this law to all communities.
"The main thing we want people to take away is a better understanding of what health reform actually is. There is so much misinformation out there that people don't know what to believe. Our non-partisan approach to educating people about the Affordable Care Act gives them the best opportunity to cut through partisan rhetoric and truly have a better understanding of the law," said Isaguire.
Oakland University, Gold Room C, Oakland Center, Feb. 11 at 2 p.m.
Eastern Michigan University, 350 Student Center, Feb. 12 at 3:30
University of Michigan, 1230 Weill Hall (School of Public Policy) Feb. 12 at 7 p.m.
For more information visit:
- Equality Michigan and Connect2Protect Fundraise For Gender Neutral Bathrooms In Detroit
- New AIDS Partnership Michigan Coordinator To Tackle HIV, MSM Stigma For Detroit Agency
- Mich. Dems Push Elliott-Larsen Amendment In House And Senate
- Gays Against Gary Glenn
- AIDS Walk Locations
- MY Consent Day Empowers Michigan Youth, LGBT Survivors Of Assault
- AIDS/HIV Organizations
- Lansing Area AIDS Network
- The Corner Health Center
- Golling Fiat of Birmingham
- University Musical Society
- Families and Parents
- PFLAG Lansing
- AIG Financial Network
- Northland MB Pharmacy
- Professional Organizations
- Gay/Lesbian Educators Association of Michigan GLEAM
- Religious & Spiritual
- Divine Peace Metropolitan Community Church
- Transgender Groups/Services
- Transgender Detroit
Enter contests to win great prizes like CDs, DVDs, concert tickets and more
- Michfest Responds: We Have a Few Demands Of Our Own
- Q&A: Jennifer Hudson On Lesbian Rumors & Drag Queen Attitude: 'I Don't Care What You Think'
- LeAnn Rimes Q&A: 'Eddie & I Are A Gay Man's Wet Dream'
- Why Jason Mraz Won't Kiss & Tell: 'I've Spoken Up For The Things That Are Important To Me'
- Equality Michigan Stands With Allies: Seeking Full Inclusion
"The Ghosts in Our Machine" is a powerful 2013 feature documentary about animal rights, made accessible through the photos and personal journey of well-known international photographer Jo-Anne McArthur and lesbian filmmaker Liz Marshall.
This Week's Issue
Download or view this week's print issue today!
Sign up to receive our weekly newsletters today!