Arts & Entertainment
Forums Will Look At LGBT Consumers and the Affordable Care Act
Reform And Access To Quality, Affordable Healthcare Evaluated
Originally printed 2/7/2013 (Issue 2106 - Between The Lines News)
Michigan's leading healthcare consumer organization, Michigan Consumers for Healthcare, the Center for American Progress and Equality Michigan will be presenting forums around the state starting this month entitled "The Affordable Care Act and LGBT Consumers: How Healthcare Reform Improves Access to Quality, Affordable Healthcare."
"Healthcare reform is part of a string of incredible advances that LGBT communities have fought for across the United States. But it's really crucial that LGBT consumers understand how these reforms benefit them in particular and how they can get involved to shape LGBT-friendly implementations of the law," said Ryan Sullivan, Policy Lead at MCH.
Eli Isaguirre, Western Michigan Coordinator at MCH, spoke about the importance of explaining this law to all communities.
"The main thing we want people to take away is a better understanding of what health reform actually is. There is so much misinformation out there that people don't know what to believe. Our non-partisan approach to educating people about the Affordable Care Act gives them the best opportunity to cut through partisan rhetoric and truly have a better understanding of the law," said Isaguire.
Oakland University, Gold Room C, Oakland Center, Feb. 11 at 2 p.m.
Eastern Michigan University, 350 Student Center, Feb. 12 at 3:30
University of Michigan, 1230 Weill Hall (School of Public Policy) Feb. 12 at 7 p.m.
For more information visit:
- UPDATE: Suspected LGBT Killer In Metro Detroit Caught
- Upper Peninsula Celebrates First LGBT Pride Fest
- Schauer Leaves His Mark On Michigan Pride
- GAGG And LGBT: Gearing Up For November
- Affirmations Resumes Search For New Executive Director
- Michigan Education Groups Call For LGBT Rights
- GALLERY: Mark Schauer Joins Equality Rally In Lansing
- Arguments For Right To Stay Married Heard In Caspar v Snyder
- Michigan: A Brief Timeline of LGBT Milestones In the Capital City
- Mental Health Providers Access Latest Training On LGBT Clinical Issues
- Local Residents Sign-On For Right To Discriminate
- Extending Marriage To Same-Sex Couples Could Add Millions To Michigan's Economy