Gay Marriage Bill Wins Support Of French Lawmakers
Originally printed 2/7/2013 (Issue 2106 - Between The Lines News)
PARIS (AP) -
France's National Assembly has approved a key article of a controversial bill that would legalize gay marriage.
The measure, approved by a 249-to-97 vote Saturday, would drop the legal requirement that a marriage in France must be between two people of the opposite sex.
To become law, that measure must now be approved by France's Senate. That is expected to happen since President Francois Hollande favors the change.
However, the legislation also contains a measure that has been more controversial in the parliamentary debate, which began Tuesday. It would legalize gay adoption, and hundreds of thousands of supporters and opponents of the measure have held protests in Paris.
The parliamentary debate on the gay rights legislation is scheduled to be completed by Feb. 12.
- Labrys Wilderness Resort
- Air Conditioning/Heating
- AAC Services Heating, Cooling & Refrigeration
- Event Planners
- Suburban Party Rental
- Widman Home Services, Inc.
- National Organizations
- Log Cabin Republicans
- Pet Grooming
- Club Pet Too
- Photo Booth
- Rock the Booth
- Physicians/Gynecology & Obstetrics
- Comprehensive Women's Health, P.C.
- Religious & Spiritual
- Theosophical Society
- Carriage Town Tabernacle
Enter contests to win great prizes like CDs, DVDs, concert tickets and more
- Michfest Responds: We Have a Few Demands Of Our Own
- Q&A: Jennifer Hudson On Lesbian Rumors & Drag Queen Attitude: 'I Don't Care What You Think'
- LeAnn Rimes Q&A: 'Eddie & I Are A Gay Man's Wet Dream'
- Why Jason Mraz Won't Kiss & Tell: 'I've Spoken Up For The Things That Are Important To Me'
- Equality Michigan Stands With Allies: Seeking Full Inclusion
"The Ghosts in Our Machine" is a powerful 2013 feature documentary about animal rights, made accessible through the photos and personal journey of well-known international photographer Jo-Anne McArthur and lesbian filmmaker Liz Marshall.
This Week's Issue
Download or view this week's print issue today!
Sign up to receive our weekly newsletters today!