Arts & Entertainment
MSU Museum To Host Annual Chocolate Party Benefit, Feb. 24
Originally printed 1/24/2013 (Issue 2104 - Between The Lines News)
Chocolate torte, cheesecake, truffles, fountains and other delicacies make for an edible exhibit for the MSU Museum's 24th annual Chocolate Party Benefit, Feb. 24.
Local restaurants, caterers, bakeshops, candy makers and other vendors share taste-tempting chocolate creations to fill the Kellogg Center's Big 10 Rooms. Meanwhile, the Chocolate Party Benefit permits the general public a rare opportunity to witness a professional culinary competition as area chefs and students compete to create elegant and edible masterpieces.
Tickets are $30, $35 at the door. All proceeds go to the MSU Museum's care and preservation of its extensive cultural and natural science collections. The party begins 1:30 p.m. Feb. 24 at the Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center, 219 S. Harrison Road, East Lansing. For more information, go to http://www.Museum.MSU.edu.
- Hotter Than July Conference Focuses On Past, Future Of Detroit's African American LGBT Community
- Lesbian Couple In Kalamazoo See Home Ruined
- Equality Michigan Starts Petition To Change Michfest Trans Exclusion Policy
- Fifth Annual Hotter Than July Boat Ride A Fun Time
- HTJ Opening Ceremony Draws Large Crowd
- State Rep. Zemke Introduces Bill To Prohibit Conversion Therapy In Michigan
- Good News For LGBT Students At Michigan Universities
- HTJ Pride Picnic Preview
- HTJ Schedule: Warming Up Detroit
- Progressive Detroit Talks On The National Level: Netroots Closeup
- LGBTs Connect At Netroots Nation
- Michigan Healthcare Providers Discuss LGBT Focus Initiatives
- Mark Schauer Comes To Braun Court
- Hotter Than July Preview
- Immigration: Out Of The Shadows
- Choice: Closely Aligned
- Environment: Only Way To Win Is By Working Together
- Housing: 'We Are All In This Together'
- Labor: A Decades Long Partnership
- Two More Openly LGBT Candidates Announce MI Campaigns
- Hotter Than July Film Festival In Midtown
- Diverse Support For Same-Sex Couples In Michigan's Marriage Ban Challenge