Arts & Entertainment
U-M Professor And Graduate Student Seek Participants For Two LGBTQ Studies
Originally printed 1/17/2013 (Issue 2103 - Between The Lines News)
ANN ARBOR - U-M School of Social Work Assistant Professor Dr. Michael Woodford and graduate student Shannon Bacon are each conducting studies on LGBTQ individuals.
Bacon is conducting a study on the quality of life among transgender adults 45 and older. She seeks to better understand how social workers and communities can support transgender individuals as they age.
Participants in Bacon's study will have a one-hour interview and an optional follow-up interview. Participants will be compensated $20 for their interviews.
For more information, contact Shannon Bacon at Sibacon@Umich.edu.
Woodford, Bacon's faculty advisor, is leading a study concerning the nature of LGBTQ discrimination and its consequences on LGBTQ students.
Woodford's scholarship addresses social exclusion of marginalized groups and promoting inclusion through policy and programs. Recently he has researched the effects of explicit and subtle heterosexism and interventions seeking to promote inclusion of LGBTQ people.
Participants in Woodford's study will take a 25-minute survey and be entered to win one of twelve $25 cash gift cards. The study can be found at http://umichssw.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_01AOyGedKBBIU3r and all participants will remain anonymous.
For more information, contact Michael Woodford at Michwood@umich.edu.
- Marriage Supporters, Protestors Brave Cold At Courthouse
- Brown Says Schuette Instructed Clerks To Defy Court
- Peers Distance Themselves As Regnerus Takes The Stand
- Federal Marriage Case Decisions Outside Michigan In Circuit Court of Appeals
- Detroit Police Announce LGBT Liaison
- Obamacare Education And Enrollment Event
- Upcoming Holocaust Center Program To Look At Worldwide LGBT Rights
- Michigan Marriage Equality Trial Begins Second Week
- Gala Celebrates Progress, Mourns Founder
- Emotional Outpouring For Marriage At Equality Cabaret
- Wayne County Adds LGBT Protections
- PUGH UPDATE: Civil Suit Coming, Seeks $1 Million In Damages
- Between Ourselves: Meet Affirmations Development Director Angela Gabridge
- LGBTQ and Allies to Peacefully Protest Catholic Conference
- ACCESS Opens Healthcare Enrollment Assistance To Public
- MSU 2014 LGBT Scholarship Applications Available
- Charles Pugh: An In-Depth Look At The Rise And Fall Of A Local LGBT Hero
- Affirmations Receives $800,000 Bequest
- Equality-Supporting County Clerks Among Catalyst Award Winners
- Gay-Owned Espresso & Gelato Shop Finds Niche in Detroit