Arts & Entertainment
U-M Professor And Graduate Student Seek Participants For Two LGBTQ Studies
Originally printed 1/17/2013 (Issue 2103 - Between The Lines News)
ANN ARBOR - U-M School of Social Work Assistant Professor Dr. Michael Woodford and graduate student Shannon Bacon are each conducting studies on LGBTQ individuals.
Bacon is conducting a study on the quality of life among transgender adults 45 and older. She seeks to better understand how social workers and communities can support transgender individuals as they age.
Participants in Bacon's study will have a one-hour interview and an optional follow-up interview. Participants will be compensated $20 for their interviews.
For more information, contact Shannon Bacon at Sibacon@Umich.edu.
Woodford, Bacon's faculty advisor, is leading a study concerning the nature of LGBTQ discrimination and its consequences on LGBTQ students.
Woodford's scholarship addresses social exclusion of marginalized groups and promoting inclusion through policy and programs. Recently he has researched the effects of explicit and subtle heterosexism and interventions seeking to promote inclusion of LGBTQ people.
Participants in Woodford's study will take a 25-minute survey and be entered to win one of twelve $25 cash gift cards. The study can be found at http://umichssw.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_01AOyGedKBBIU3r and all participants will remain anonymous.
For more information, contact Michael Woodford at Michwood@umich.edu.
- State Of Affairs: Crisis In Prevention For Gay Community
- HIV/AIDS Prevention Options
- Detroit Art Scene Shines Every 3rd Thursday
- Affirmations Helpline Revamped
- State Rep. Candidate Jeremy Moss
- DTMC Christmas Concert Dec. 14
- Gala Kicks Off The Season
- Ruth Ellis Bio-pic To Be Screened At Center
- State Of Affairs: Funding Of HIV Programs In Jeopardy
- World AIDS Day Commemorated In Michigan Events
- Eight Michigan Cities Included In HRC Municpal Equality Index
- Michigan 31: Trenton Passes Human Rights Ordinance
- Transgender Day Of Remembrance Lists 242 Killed
- How To Survive A Plague Comes To PBS
- Hope And Understanding For 'Unstably Housed' Youth
- Executive Director For Affirmations Dave Garcia Announces Departure
- Transgender Woman Murdered in Detroit
- Justice For Shelly: Civil Rights Complaint Filed Against Police In Gruesome Murder
- KICK Health Expo Discussions Go Beyond The Basics
- Transgender Workers Are At A High Risk Of Unemployment And Poverty