Arts & Entertainment
Education and Advocacy Exhibition Planned
Originally printed 1/10/2013 (Issue 2102 - Between The Lines News)
KICK The Agency for Lesbian, Gay, Bi and Transgender African Americans will engage colleges, universities and other training institutions that value LGBT culture from across Michigan at The Education & Advocacy Exhibition on Feb. 23 from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Hannan House located at 4750 Woodward Ave.
Admission officers, counselors, as well as financial and career planning professionals from colleges and universities, technical and vocational schools, training agencies and financial aid/scholarship information will be on hand to provide information on returning and attending institutions of higher learning. There will also be a variety of short workshops, lectures, activities and information sessions that will focus on a variety of topics specific to LGBT participants throughout the day. The event will allow students and their families the opportunity to interact with LGBT and ally friendly colleges, universities and training institutions.
"The Education & Advocacy Exhibition will bring together resources, programs and services to support training, and educational pursuits of the LGBT community in a safe and welcoming environment with on-the-spot admission opportunities, give-aways and the chance to win prizes," says Victoria B. Edwards, development director.
"Attendees will be able to visit, ask questions, build partnerships, and enjoy refreshments with representatives from a wide range of institutions interested and actively recruiting in our community."
For more information on how you or your organization can participate in "The Education & Advocacy Exhibition," please contact Victoria B. Edwards at 313-285-9733 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Marriage Supporters, Protestors Brave Cold At Courthouse
- Brown Says Schuette Instructed Clerks To Defy Court
- Peers Distance Themselves As Regnerus Takes The Stand
- Federal Marriage Case Decisions Outside Michigan In Circuit Court of Appeals
- Detroit Police Announce LGBT Liaison
- Obamacare Education And Enrollment Event
- Upcoming Holocaust Center Program To Look At Worldwide LGBT Rights
- Michigan Marriage Equality Trial Begins Second Week
- Gala Celebrates Progress, Mourns Founder
- Emotional Outpouring For Marriage At Equality Cabaret
- Wayne County Adds LGBT Protections
- PUGH UPDATE: Civil Suit Coming, Seeks $1 Million In Damages
- Between Ourselves: Meet Affirmations Development Director Angela Gabridge
- LGBTQ and Allies to Peacefully Protest Catholic Conference
- ACCESS Opens Healthcare Enrollment Assistance To Public
- MSU 2014 LGBT Scholarship Applications Available
- Charles Pugh: An In-Depth Look At The Rise And Fall Of A Local LGBT Hero
- Affirmations Receives $800,000 Bequest
- Equality-Supporting County Clerks Among Catalyst Award Winners
- Gay-Owned Espresso & Gelato Shop Finds Niche in Detroit