Arts & Entertainment
Education and Advocacy Exhibition Planned
Originally printed 1/10/2013 (Issue 2102 - Between The Lines News)
KICK The Agency for Lesbian, Gay, Bi and Transgender African Americans will engage colleges, universities and other training institutions that value LGBT culture from across Michigan at The Education & Advocacy Exhibition on Feb. 23 from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Hannan House located at 4750 Woodward Ave.
Admission officers, counselors, as well as financial and career planning professionals from colleges and universities, technical and vocational schools, training agencies and financial aid/scholarship information will be on hand to provide information on returning and attending institutions of higher learning. There will also be a variety of short workshops, lectures, activities and information sessions that will focus on a variety of topics specific to LGBT participants throughout the day. The event will allow students and their families the opportunity to interact with LGBT and ally friendly colleges, universities and training institutions.
"The Education & Advocacy Exhibition will bring together resources, programs and services to support training, and educational pursuits of the LGBT community in a safe and welcoming environment with on-the-spot admission opportunities, give-aways and the chance to win prizes," says Victoria B. Edwards, development director.
"Attendees will be able to visit, ask questions, build partnerships, and enjoy refreshments with representatives from a wide range of institutions interested and actively recruiting in our community."
For more information on how you or your organization can participate in "The Education & Advocacy Exhibition," please contact Victoria B. Edwards at 313-285-9733 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ACLU Files Lawsuit: State Must Recognize Same-Sex Marriages
- GALLERY: The Ultimate LGBT Wedding & Anniversary Expo Runway Show
- BREAKING: ACLU To File Lawsuit: State Must Recognize Same-Sex Marriages
- Albion Students Demand Schuette Resign From College Board
- Equality Michigan Remembers Dr. Henry Messer, April 13
- Affirmations Celebrates 25 Years Of Service At Silver Jubilee
- Saginaw City To Vote On Ordinance
- VIDEO: Affirmations Silver Jubilee Presentation
- Suspect Sketch Released In Ypsi Anti-Gay Attack
- Prominent Detroit Minister 'Comes Out' As Ally
- 'Traditional Marriage' Not The Black Family Reality
- LETTER: One Pastor Comes Out For Marriage Equality
- Affirmations Recognizes Outstanding LGBTs, Allies at Silver Jubilee
- Michigan Leaders React To Feds Recognition Of Marriages
- ENDA Lobbying Comes to Michigan
- Transgender Day of Visibility Now World Wide
- White Nationalist Group Files Brief Supporting AG's Appeal In Marriage Ruling
- Sixth Circuit Continues Stay
- Michigan Marriage Ban Struck Down
- New LGBT-run Bakery Brings Organic Goodies to Detroit
- Elected Officials, Advocates Petition Schuette To Drop Marriage Aappeal
- Michigan Makes History With First Marriages
- Discredited Witness Part Of Right-Wing Cabal
- Schauer Celebrates Overturn Of Michigan Marriage Ban