Arts & Entertainment
Education and Advocacy Exhibition Planned
Originally printed 1/10/2013 (Issue 2102 - Between The Lines News)
KICK The Agency for Lesbian, Gay, Bi and Transgender African Americans will engage colleges, universities and other training institutions that value LGBT culture from across Michigan at The Education & Advocacy Exhibition on Feb. 23 from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Hannan House located at 4750 Woodward Ave.
Admission officers, counselors, as well as financial and career planning professionals from colleges and universities, technical and vocational schools, training agencies and financial aid/scholarship information will be on hand to provide information on returning and attending institutions of higher learning. There will also be a variety of short workshops, lectures, activities and information sessions that will focus on a variety of topics specific to LGBT participants throughout the day. The event will allow students and their families the opportunity to interact with LGBT and ally friendly colleges, universities and training institutions.
"The Education & Advocacy Exhibition will bring together resources, programs and services to support training, and educational pursuits of the LGBT community in a safe and welcoming environment with on-the-spot admission opportunities, give-aways and the chance to win prizes," says Victoria B. Edwards, development director.
"Attendees will be able to visit, ask questions, build partnerships, and enjoy refreshments with representatives from a wide range of institutions interested and actively recruiting in our community."
For more information on how you or your organization can participate in "The Education & Advocacy Exhibition," please contact Victoria B. Edwards at 313-285-9733 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hotter Than July Film Festival In Midtown
- Lesbian Couple In Kalamazoo See Home Ruined
- Fifth Annual Hotter Than July Boat Ride A Fun Time
- HTJ Opening Ceremony Draws Large Crowd
- State Rep. Zemke Introduces Bill To Prohibit Conversion Therapy In Michigan
- Good News For LGBT Students At Michigan Universities
- HTJ Pride Picnic Preview
- HTJ Schedule: Warming Up Detroit
- Progressive Detroit Talks On The National Level: Netroots Closeup
- LGBTs Connect At Netroots Nation
- Michigan Healthcare Providers Discuss LGBT Focus Initiatives
- Mark Schauer Comes To Braun Court
- Hotter Than July Preview
- Immigration: Out Of The Shadows
- Choice: Closely Aligned
- Environment: Only Way To Win Is By Working Together
- Housing: 'We Are All In This Together'
- Labor: A Decades Long Partnership
- Two More Openly LGBT Candidates Announce MI Campaigns