Arts & Entertainment
Education and Advocacy Exhibition Planned
Originally printed 1/10/2013 (Issue 2102 - Between The Lines News)
KICK The Agency for Lesbian, Gay, Bi and Transgender African Americans will engage colleges, universities and other training institutions that value LGBT culture from across Michigan at The Education & Advocacy Exhibition on Feb. 23 from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Hannan House located at 4750 Woodward Ave.
Admission officers, counselors, as well as financial and career planning professionals from colleges and universities, technical and vocational schools, training agencies and financial aid/scholarship information will be on hand to provide information on returning and attending institutions of higher learning. There will also be a variety of short workshops, lectures, activities and information sessions that will focus on a variety of topics specific to LGBT participants throughout the day. The event will allow students and their families the opportunity to interact with LGBT and ally friendly colleges, universities and training institutions.
"The Education & Advocacy Exhibition will bring together resources, programs and services to support training, and educational pursuits of the LGBT community in a safe and welcoming environment with on-the-spot admission opportunities, give-aways and the chance to win prizes," says Victoria B. Edwards, development director.
"Attendees will be able to visit, ask questions, build partnerships, and enjoy refreshments with representatives from a wide range of institutions interested and actively recruiting in our community."
For more information on how you or your organization can participate in "The Education & Advocacy Exhibition," please contact Victoria B. Edwards at 313-285-9733 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- State Of Affairs: Crisis In Prevention For Gay Community
- HIV/AIDS Prevention Options
- Detroit Art Scene Shines Every 3rd Thursday
- Affirmations Helpline Revamped
- State Rep. Candidate Jeremy Moss
- DTMC Christmas Concert Dec. 14
- Gala Kicks Off The Season
- Ruth Ellis Bio-pic To Be Screened At Center
- State Of Affairs: Funding Of HIV Programs In Jeopardy
- World AIDS Day Commemorated In Michigan Events
- Eight Michigan Cities Included In HRC Municpal Equality Index
- Michigan 31: Trenton Passes Human Rights Ordinance
- Transgender Day Of Remembrance Lists 242 Killed
- How To Survive A Plague Comes To PBS
- Hope And Understanding For 'Unstably Housed' Youth
- Executive Director For Affirmations Dave Garcia Announces Departure
- Transgender Woman Murdered in Detroit
- Justice For Shelly: Civil Rights Complaint Filed Against Police In Gruesome Murder
- KICK Health Expo Discussions Go Beyond The Basics
- Transgender Workers Are At A High Risk Of Unemployment And Poverty