Arts & Entertainment
Michigan Roundtable Hosts Annual Inclusion Breakfast
Originally printed 12/6/2012 (Issue 2049 - Between The Lines News)
The Michigan Roundtable for Diversity and Inclusion celebrates its Second Annual Celebrating Faith Inclusion Breakfast, featuring guest Keynote Speaker Ross Murray, 8:30 a.m. Dec. 7 at the Renaissance Unity Church.
Ross Murray is the Director of Religion, Faith & Values for the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD). His mission is to amplify the voices of LGBT-affirming communities of faith and LGBT people of faith.
Murray has secured national and religious media interests in stories that bring examples of LGBT equality in faith communities to Americans. He speaks and writes frequently about the relationship between religion and LGBT people and has written for and appeared on CNN, the Washington Post, Huffington Post and Religion News Service.
Murray is also founder and director of The Naming Project, a faith-based camp for LGBT youth and their allies. The Naming Project has also been the subject of much media, including the award-winning film Camp Out, as well as the controversial episode "Pray the Gay Away?" of "Our America" with Lisa Ling.
Tickets to the Second Annual Celebrating Faith Inclusion Breakfast are $40 per person and sponsorships (Including four breakfast tickets and a logo displayed at the event and on the Michigan Roundtable website) are $250. Advanced purchase at http://www.MiRoundTable.org/LGBTFaith.htm is strongly recommended. Breakfast begins 8:30 a.m., Dec. 7 at the Renaissance Unity Church, 11200 E. Eleven Mile Road, Warren. For more information, call 248-709-3703 or email KHogan@MiRoundTable.org
- State Of Affairs: Crisis In Prevention For Gay Community
- HIV/AIDS Prevention Options
- Detroit Art Scene Shines Every 3rd Thursday
- Affirmations Helpline Revamped
- State Rep. Candidate Jeremy Moss
- DTMC Christmas Concert Dec. 14
- Gala Kicks Off The Season
- Ruth Ellis Bio-pic To Be Screened At Center
- State Of Affairs: Funding Of HIV Programs In Jeopardy
- World AIDS Day Commemorated In Michigan Events
- Eight Michigan Cities Included In HRC Municpal Equality Index
- Michigan 31: Trenton Passes Human Rights Ordinance
- Transgender Day Of Remembrance Lists 242 Killed
- How To Survive A Plague Comes To PBS
- Hope And Understanding For 'Unstably Housed' Youth
- Executive Director For Affirmations Dave Garcia Announces Departure
- Transgender Woman Murdered in Detroit
- Justice For Shelly: Civil Rights Complaint Filed Against Police In Gruesome Murder
- KICK Health Expo Discussions Go Beyond The Basics
- Transgender Workers Are At A High Risk Of Unemployment And Poverty