Arts & Entertainment
Michigan Roundtable Hosts Annual Inclusion Breakfast
Originally printed 12/6/2012 (Issue 2049 - Between The Lines News)
The Michigan Roundtable for Diversity and Inclusion celebrates its Second Annual Celebrating Faith Inclusion Breakfast, featuring guest Keynote Speaker Ross Murray, 8:30 a.m. Dec. 7 at the Renaissance Unity Church.
Ross Murray is the Director of Religion, Faith & Values for the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD). His mission is to amplify the voices of LGBT-affirming communities of faith and LGBT people of faith.
Murray has secured national and religious media interests in stories that bring examples of LGBT equality in faith communities to Americans. He speaks and writes frequently about the relationship between religion and LGBT people and has written for and appeared on CNN, the Washington Post, Huffington Post and Religion News Service.
Murray is also founder and director of The Naming Project, a faith-based camp for LGBT youth and their allies. The Naming Project has also been the subject of much media, including the award-winning film Camp Out, as well as the controversial episode "Pray the Gay Away?" of "Our America" with Lisa Ling.
Tickets to the Second Annual Celebrating Faith Inclusion Breakfast are $40 per person and sponsorships (Including four breakfast tickets and a logo displayed at the event and on the Michigan Roundtable website) are $250. Advanced purchase at http://www.MiRoundTable.org/LGBTFaith.htm is strongly recommended. Breakfast begins 8:30 a.m., Dec. 7 at the Renaissance Unity Church, 11200 E. Eleven Mile Road, Warren. For more information, call 248-709-3703 or email KHogan@MiRoundTable.org
- Couples Celebrate Love And Acceptance at LGBT Wedding and Anniversary Expo
- Michigan Same Sex Couples Demand Respect And Equal Treatment
- Judge Takes Up Ban On MI Domestic Partner Benefits
- Ultimate LGBT Wedding Expo A Smashing Success
- Graduating Gay: LGBT Spring Events at Local Universities
- Gay-Owned Espresso & Gelato Shop Finds Niche in Detroit
- Dine Out For Life April 24
- 2014 Good Neighbors = Strong Community Award Recipients Announced
- LGBT Caucus Seating Available At Upcoming MDP Dinner, Bill Clinton To Keynote
- ACLU Files Lawsuit: State Must Recognize Same-Sex Marriages
- GALLERY: The Ultimate LGBT Wedding & Anniversary Expo Runway Show
- BREAKING: ACLU To File Lawsuit: State Must Recognize Same-Sex Marriages
- Albion Students Demand Schuette Resign From College Board
- Equality Michigan Remembers Dr. Henry Messer, April 13
- Affirmations Celebrates 25 Years Of Service At Silver Jubilee
- Saginaw City To Vote On Ordinance
- VIDEO: Affirmations Silver Jubilee Presentation
- Suspect Sketch Released In Ypsi Anti-Gay Attack
- Prominent Detroit Minister 'Comes Out' As Ally
- 'Traditional Marriage' Not The Black Family Reality
- LETTER: One Pastor Comes Out For Marriage Equality