Arts & Entertainment
Leslie Thompson Headlines Fundraiser For Dyslexia
Originally printed 11/8/2012 (Issue 2045 - Between The Lines News)
Lesbian comedian Leslie Ann Thompson will headline a comedy show Nov. 9 at O'Mara's raising money for the Michigan Dyslexia Institute, Metro Detroit Chapter.
Also appearing are Jeff Hoste and Julie Lyons.
Thompson hopes to raise $500 that evening to meet the Michigan Dyslexia Institute's goal of $2500 to sponsor one youth for a year of one-on-one tutoring.
Bagger Dave's, Flagstar Bank, Raymond James and Ameritax and a number of other sponsors have contributed $2000 and a variety of prizes for a raffle to take place that evening.
The show begins 9 p.m. Nov. 9. Admission will be $15. Call 248-399-6750 for reservations and more information. O'Mara's is located at 2555 W. 12 Mile Road, Berkley.
- Judge Takes Up Ban On Domestic Partner Benefits
- Motor City Pride Line-Up Includes 'Glee' Star, Erasure's Andy Bell
- Helping Transgender Population Find Jobs
- MI AG, Lawyers Disagree Over Gay Marriage Appeal Path
- Detroit Fashion Designer DL Perrett Presents Neon Valley Streets Event
- Jim Toy Center To Honor Congressman Dingell
- Modern Works of Art for Sale This Weekend
- Hoadley To Seek LGBT Support At May 3 Detroit Fundraiser
- Inclusive Justice Conference Coming Up
- Couples Celebrate Love And Acceptance at LGBT Wedding and Anniversary Expo
- Michigan Same Sex Couples Demand Respect And Equal Treatment
- Judge Takes Up Ban On MI Domestic Partner Benefits
- Ultimate LGBT Wedding Expo A Smashing Success
- Graduating Gay: LGBT Spring Events at Local Universities
- Gay-Owned Espresso & Gelato Shop Finds Niche in Detroit
- Dine Out For Life April 24
- 2014 Good Neighbors = Strong Community Award Recipients Announced
- LGBT Caucus Seating Available At Upcoming MDP Dinner, Bill Clinton To Keynote
- ACLU Files Lawsuit: State Must Recognize Same-Sex Marriages
- GALLERY: The Ultimate LGBT Wedding & Anniversary Expo Runway Show