Arts & Entertainment
Leslie Thompson Headlines Fundraiser For Dyslexia
Originally printed 11/8/2012 (Issue 2045 - Between The Lines News)
Lesbian comedian Leslie Ann Thompson will headline a comedy show Nov. 9 at O'Mara's raising money for the Michigan Dyslexia Institute, Metro Detroit Chapter.
Also appearing are Jeff Hoste and Julie Lyons.
Thompson hopes to raise $500 that evening to meet the Michigan Dyslexia Institute's goal of $2500 to sponsor one youth for a year of one-on-one tutoring.
Bagger Dave's, Flagstar Bank, Raymond James and Ameritax and a number of other sponsors have contributed $2000 and a variety of prizes for a raffle to take place that evening.
The show begins 9 p.m. Nov. 9. Admission will be $15. Call 248-399-6750 for reservations and more information. O'Mara's is located at 2555 W. 12 Mile Road, Berkley.
- State Of Affairs: Funding Of HIV Programs In Jeopardy
- World AIDS Day Commemorated In Michigan Events
- Eight Michigan Cities Included In HRC Municpal Equality Index
- Michigan 31: Trenton Passes Human Rights Ordinance
- Transgender Day Of Remembrance Lists 242 Killed
- How To Survive A Plague Comes To PBS
- Hope And Understanding For 'Unstably Housed' Youth
- Executive Director For Affirmations Dave Garcia Announces Departure
- Transgender Woman Murdered in Detroit
- Justice For Shelly: Civil Rights Complaint Filed Against Police In Gruesome Murder
- KICK Health Expo Discussions Go Beyond The Basics
- Transgender Workers Are At A High Risk Of Unemployment And Poverty
- Ferndale Pride Changes Leadership: Covey Steps Down and Music Steps In
- AIDS Partnership Michigan's Hank Milbourne Recognized as POZ 100
- The Know Us Project
- Auto Companies Recognize Same Sex Marriages, Regardless of State Bans
- STUDY: Health Risks High For LGBT People
- Marriage Equality Equals Financial Equality
- New Americorp Team Will Continue Support Of HIV-AIDS Work
- Pioneer Paved Way In Birmingham Schools