Leslie Thompson Headlines Fundraiser For Dyslexia
Originally printed 11/8/2012 (Issue 2045 - Between The Lines News)
Lesbian comedian Leslie Ann Thompson will headline a comedy show Nov. 9 at O'Mara's raising money for the Michigan Dyslexia Institute, Metro Detroit Chapter.
Also appearing are Jeff Hoste and Julie Lyons.
Thompson hopes to raise $500 that evening to meet the Michigan Dyslexia Institute's goal of $2500 to sponsor one youth for a year of one-on-one tutoring.
Bagger Dave's, Flagstar Bank, Raymond James and Ameritax and a number of other sponsors have contributed $2000 and a variety of prizes for a raffle to take place that evening.
The show begins 9 p.m. Nov. 9. Admission will be $15. Call 248-399-6750 for reservations and more information. O'Mara's is located at 2555 W. 12 Mile Road, Berkley.
- UPDATE: Suspected LGBT Killer In Metro Detroit Caught
- Upper Peninsula Celebrates First LGBT Pride Fest
- Schauer Leaves His Mark On Michigan Pride
- GAGG And LGBT: Gearing Up For November
- Affirmations Resumes Search For New Executive Director
- Michigan Education Groups Call For LGBT Rights
- GALLERY: Mark Schauer Joins Equality Rally In Lansing
- Arguments For Right To Stay Married Heard In Caspar v Snyder
- Michigan: A Brief Timeline of LGBT Milestones In the Capital City
- Mental Health Providers Access Latest Training On LGBT Clinical Issues
- Local Residents Sign-On For Right To Discriminate
- Extending Marriage To Same-Sex Couples Could Add Millions To Michigan's Economy
- Ann Arbor Animal Hospital
- Ann Arbor Cat Clinic
- Humane Society of Huron Valley
- Washtenaw Veterinary Hospital
- Visitors Bureau
- Ypsilanti Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Women's Health
- Planned Parenthood Mid and South Michigan
- Men's Yoga
- Youth Services
- Neutral Zone
- The Corner Health Center - Young Adult Health Center
- Ozone House Youth and Family Services
Enter contests to win great prizes like CDs, DVDs, concert tickets and more
- Feds Give Spring Arbor University Permission To Discriminate Against LGBT Community
- Q&A: Panic! Frontman Talks Westboro Protest: 'It Was Pathetic'
- Michfest Responds: We Have a Few Demands Of Our Own
- Q&A: Jennifer Hudson On Lesbian Rumors & Drag Queen Attitude: 'I Don't Care What You Think'
- Viewpoint:Why Trans Exclusion At Michfest Must Finally End
Sign up to receive our weekly newsletters today!
"The Ghosts in Our Machine" is a powerful 2013 feature documentary about animal rights, made accessible through the photos and personal journey of well-known international photographer Jo-Anne McArthur and lesbian filmmaker Liz Marshall.
This Week's Issue
Download or view this week's print issue today!