Arts & Entertainment
Leslie Thompson Headlines Fundraiser For Dyslexia
Originally printed 11/8/2012 (Issue 2045 - Between The Lines News)
Lesbian comedian Leslie Ann Thompson will headline a comedy show Nov. 9 at O'Mara's raising money for the Michigan Dyslexia Institute, Metro Detroit Chapter.
Also appearing are Jeff Hoste and Julie Lyons.
Thompson hopes to raise $500 that evening to meet the Michigan Dyslexia Institute's goal of $2500 to sponsor one youth for a year of one-on-one tutoring.
Bagger Dave's, Flagstar Bank, Raymond James and Ameritax and a number of other sponsors have contributed $2000 and a variety of prizes for a raffle to take place that evening.
The show begins 9 p.m. Nov. 9. Admission will be $15. Call 248-399-6750 for reservations and more information. O'Mara's is located at 2555 W. 12 Mile Road, Berkley.
- Marriage Supporters, Protestors Brave Cold At Courthouse
- Brown Says Schuette Instructed Clerks To Defy Court
- Peers Distance Themselves As Regnerus Takes The Stand
- Federal Marriage Case Decisions Outside Michigan In Circuit Court of Appeals
- Detroit Police Announce LGBT Liaison
- Obamacare Education And Enrollment Event
- Upcoming Holocaust Center Program To Look At Worldwide LGBT Rights
- Michigan Marriage Equality Trial Begins Second Week
- Gala Celebrates Progress, Mourns Founder
- Emotional Outpouring For Marriage At Equality Cabaret
- Wayne County Adds LGBT Protections
- PUGH UPDATE: Civil Suit Coming, Seeks $1 Million In Damages
- Between Ourselves: Meet Affirmations Development Director Angela Gabridge
- LGBTQ and Allies to Peacefully Protest Catholic Conference
- ACCESS Opens Healthcare Enrollment Assistance To Public
- MSU 2014 LGBT Scholarship Applications Available
- Charles Pugh: An In-Depth Look At The Rise And Fall Of A Local LGBT Hero
- Affirmations Receives $800,000 Bequest
- Equality-Supporting County Clerks Among Catalyst Award Winners
- Gay-Owned Espresso & Gelato Shop Finds Niche in Detroit