Arts & Entertainment
Foundation to host annual 'Taste of Ferndale'
Originally printed 2/167/2012 (Issue 2007 - Between The Lines News)
On Feb. 21 the Ferndale Community Foundation will host its annual "Taste of Ferndale" at Boogie Fever, from 6 - 9 p.m. 22901 Woodward Ave. More than fifteen restaurants will participate in the city's strolling dinner event held annually on "Mardi Gras." Tickets for the benefit are $32 and support the Ferndale Community Foundation.
The concept of the Mardi Gras-themed fundraiser is to showcase some of Ferndale's most popular and diverse restaurants in one location, allowing attendees to sample selections from each venue.
"There are restaurants of many types and styles in Ferndale, and this event allows folks to sample all kinds of great fare from a variety of these popular destinations," said Dan Martin, newly elected Ferndale Councilman and past foundation chair.
"This is one of the most popular events in Ferndale now," said Greg Pawlica, the foundation's chair. "Holding it this year at Boogie Fever with live music by the Metro Jazz Voices will allow it to continue to grow," he added.
The event will also feature a silent auction and a giving tree. An afterglow party will be held at Howe's Bayou, 22848 Woodward Ave., beginning at 9 p.m.
The Ferndale Community Foundation promotes and funds a variety of programs and organizations in the area of education, health, youth programming, and public art within the city. It has enabled groups to develop and complete projects that enrich the lives of area residents. Over the past eight years the foundation has contributed over $40,000 to projects including FernCare Free Medical Clinic and Ferndale Youth Assistance.
For a complete list of their charitable giving, check out their website at http://www.ferndalecomunityfoundation.org. Tickets are being sold by foundation members, at the DDA, Just For Us, via the web site, and a limited number will be available at the door.
- Couples Celebrate Love And Acceptance at LGBT Wedding and Anniversary Expo
- Michigan Same Sex Couples Demand Respect And Equal Treatment
- Judge Takes Up Ban On MI Domestic Partner Benefits
- Ultimate LGBT Wedding Expo A Smashing Success
- Graduating Gay: LGBT Spring Events at Local Universities
- Gay-Owned Espresso & Gelato Shop Finds Niche in Detroit
- Dine Out For Life April 24
- 2014 Good Neighbors = Strong Community Award Recipients Announced
- LGBT Caucus Seating Available At Upcoming MDP Dinner, Bill Clinton To Keynote
- ACLU Files Lawsuit: State Must Recognize Same-Sex Marriages
- GALLERY: The Ultimate LGBT Wedding & Anniversary Expo Runway Show
- BREAKING: ACLU To File Lawsuit: State Must Recognize Same-Sex Marriages
- Albion Students Demand Schuette Resign From College Board
- Equality Michigan Remembers Dr. Henry Messer, April 13
- Affirmations Celebrates 25 Years Of Service At Silver Jubilee
- Saginaw City To Vote On Ordinance
- VIDEO: Affirmations Silver Jubilee Presentation
- Suspect Sketch Released In Ypsi Anti-Gay Attack
- Prominent Detroit Minister 'Comes Out' As Ally
- 'Traditional Marriage' Not The Black Family Reality
- LETTER: One Pastor Comes Out For Marriage Equality