Arts & Entertainment
Memorial service remembers Michelle Moore Hilliard
Originally printed 12/8/2011 (Issue 1949 - Between The Lines News)
The Ruth Ellis Center held a private service on Dec. 5t in memory of the late Michelle Moore Hilliard. More than 70 family and friends gathered at the Center to pray, sing and dance to celebrate Michelle's life. The service included an open prayer with Bishop James Curry, singing performances by Michele's sister, Jonkae, and Ruth Ellis Center youth, Curtis Collins, and a dancing performance by the J-Setters. Additionally, Hilliard's mother spoke about her daughter's life and those who attended partook in a burning bowl.
After the service, one Ruth Ellis Center youth stated, "Tonight's memorial for Michelle showed me that real families and gay families can come together as one to share their support of someone they really love."
- One Capitol Region Plans To Make Lansing Area 'Discrimination Free'
- Saginaw Equality Float Takes Second Place at Cinco De Mayo Parade
- Contact Theory Changes Minds, Hearts
- Outside The Safety Net
- Book-A-Palooza To Benefit Common Language
- Ferndale Mayor Dave Coulter Announces Run
- Source: Former Michigan Congressman Mark Schauer Will Run For Governor