Arts & Entertainment
UofM Dearborn appoints new coordinator
By BTL Staff
Originally printed 12/1/2011 (Issue 1948 - Between The Lines News)
Richard "Rick" Robinson, Ph.D., has been appointed LGBTQ Coordinator at the University of Michigan-Dearborn.
Robinson, a well-known anthropologist, lecturer, political consultant, Chief of Staff to Detroit City Council Member Mel Ravitz for 15 years, is also an HIV/AIDS activist/advocate and founding member of Wellness House of Michigan, the first AIDS hospice during onset crisis years to provide housing and home services to HIV/AIDS individuals.
Robinson has worked extensively with many LGBT anti-violence and activists organizations. Most notably he was an advisory board member for the Triangle Foundation for 13 years.
"The University of Michigan-Dearborn is a thriving academic setting with bright and eager students from many diverse backgrounds. I am very excited to assume the role of LGBTQ coordinator. I've been warmly welcomed on campus, and have already had the opportunity to attend Gender Sexuality Alliance (LGBTQ organization) meetings. I'm impressed by their perspective, their willingness to create an active awareness of LGBTQ persons on campus.
"The leadership at University of Michigan-Dearborn places a high priority on campus diversity and inclusion. In the near term, I will be focusing on creating and fine tuning programs and supporting a safe, nurturing environment for LGBTQ students."
- State Of Affairs: Crisis In Prevention For Gay Community
- HIV/AIDS Prevention Options
- Detroit Art Scene Shines Every 3rd Thursday
- Affirmations Helpline Revamped
- State Rep. Candidate Jeremy Moss
- DTMC Christmas Concert Dec. 14
- Gala Kicks Off The Season
- Ruth Ellis Bio-pic To Be Screened At Center
- State Of Affairs: Funding Of HIV Programs In Jeopardy
- World AIDS Day Commemorated In Michigan Events
- Eight Michigan Cities Included In HRC Municpal Equality Index
- Michigan 31: Trenton Passes Human Rights Ordinance
- Transgender Day Of Remembrance Lists 242 Killed
- How To Survive A Plague Comes To PBS
- Hope And Understanding For 'Unstably Housed' Youth
- Executive Director For Affirmations Dave Garcia Announces Departure
- Transgender Woman Murdered in Detroit
- Justice For Shelly: Civil Rights Complaint Filed Against Police In Gruesome Murder
- KICK Health Expo Discussions Go Beyond The Basics
- Transgender Workers Are At A High Risk Of Unemployment And Poverty