Arts & Entertainment
UofM Dearborn appoints new coordinator
By BTL Staff
Originally printed 12/1/2011 (Issue 1948 - Between The Lines News)
Richard "Rick" Robinson, Ph.D., has been appointed LGBTQ Coordinator at the University of Michigan-Dearborn.
Robinson, a well-known anthropologist, lecturer, political consultant, Chief of Staff to Detroit City Council Member Mel Ravitz for 15 years, is also an HIV/AIDS activist/advocate and founding member of Wellness House of Michigan, the first AIDS hospice during onset crisis years to provide housing and home services to HIV/AIDS individuals.
Robinson has worked extensively with many LGBT anti-violence and activists organizations. Most notably he was an advisory board member for the Triangle Foundation for 13 years.
"The University of Michigan-Dearborn is a thriving academic setting with bright and eager students from many diverse backgrounds. I am very excited to assume the role of LGBTQ coordinator. I've been warmly welcomed on campus, and have already had the opportunity to attend Gender Sexuality Alliance (LGBTQ organization) meetings. I'm impressed by their perspective, their willingness to create an active awareness of LGBTQ persons on campus.
"The leadership at University of Michigan-Dearborn places a high priority on campus diversity and inclusion. In the near term, I will be focusing on creating and fine tuning programs and supporting a safe, nurturing environment for LGBTQ students."
- Hotter Than July Conference Focuses On Past, Future Of Detroit's African American LGBT Community
- Lesbian Couple In Kalamazoo See Home Ruined
- Equality Michigan Starts Petition To Change Michfest Trans Exclusion Policy
- Fifth Annual Hotter Than July Boat Ride A Fun Time
- HTJ Opening Ceremony Draws Large Crowd
- State Rep. Zemke Introduces Bill To Prohibit Conversion Therapy In Michigan
- Good News For LGBT Students At Michigan Universities
- HTJ Pride Picnic Preview
- HTJ Schedule: Warming Up Detroit
- Progressive Detroit Talks On The National Level: Netroots Closeup
- LGBTs Connect At Netroots Nation
- Michigan Healthcare Providers Discuss LGBT Focus Initiatives
- Mark Schauer Comes To Braun Court
- Hotter Than July Preview
- Immigration: Out Of The Shadows
- Choice: Closely Aligned
- Environment: Only Way To Win Is By Working Together
- Housing: 'We Are All In This Together'
- Labor: A Decades Long Partnership
- Two More Openly LGBT Candidates Announce MI Campaigns
- Hotter Than July Film Festival In Midtown
- Diverse Support For Same-Sex Couples In Michigan's Marriage Ban Challenge