Arts & Entertainment
UofM Dearborn appoints new coordinator
By BTL Staff
Originally printed 12/1/2011 (Issue 1948 - Between The Lines News)
Richard "Rick" Robinson, Ph.D., has been appointed LGBTQ Coordinator at the University of Michigan-Dearborn.
Robinson, a well-known anthropologist, lecturer, political consultant, Chief of Staff to Detroit City Council Member Mel Ravitz for 15 years, is also an HIV/AIDS activist/advocate and founding member of Wellness House of Michigan, the first AIDS hospice during onset crisis years to provide housing and home services to HIV/AIDS individuals.
Robinson has worked extensively with many LGBT anti-violence and activists organizations. Most notably he was an advisory board member for the Triangle Foundation for 13 years.
"The University of Michigan-Dearborn is a thriving academic setting with bright and eager students from many diverse backgrounds. I am very excited to assume the role of LGBTQ coordinator. I've been warmly welcomed on campus, and have already had the opportunity to attend Gender Sexuality Alliance (LGBTQ organization) meetings. I'm impressed by their perspective, their willingness to create an active awareness of LGBTQ persons on campus.
"The leadership at University of Michigan-Dearborn places a high priority on campus diversity and inclusion. In the near term, I will be focusing on creating and fine tuning programs and supporting a safe, nurturing environment for LGBTQ students."
- Marriage Supporters, Protestors Brave Cold At Courthouse
- Brown Says Schuette Instructed Clerks To Defy Court
- Peers Distance Themselves As Regnerus Takes The Stand
- Federal Marriage Case Decisions Outside Michigan In Circuit Court of Appeals
- Detroit Police Announce LGBT Liaison
- Obamacare Education And Enrollment Event
- Upcoming Holocaust Center Program To Look At Worldwide LGBT Rights
- Michigan Marriage Equality Trial Begins Second Week
- Gala Celebrates Progress, Mourns Founder
- Emotional Outpouring For Marriage At Equality Cabaret
- Wayne County Adds LGBT Protections
- PUGH UPDATE: Civil Suit Coming, Seeks $1 Million In Damages
- Between Ourselves: Meet Affirmations Development Director Angela Gabridge
- LGBTQ and Allies to Peacefully Protest Catholic Conference
- ACCESS Opens Healthcare Enrollment Assistance To Public
- MSU 2014 LGBT Scholarship Applications Available
- Charles Pugh: An In-Depth Look At The Rise And Fall Of A Local LGBT Hero
- Affirmations Receives $800,000 Bequest
- Equality-Supporting County Clerks Among Catalyst Award Winners
- Gay-Owned Espresso & Gelato Shop Finds Niche in Detroit