Arts & Entertainment
UofM Dearborn appoints new coordinator
By BTL Staff
Originally printed 12/1/2011 (Issue 1948 - Between The Lines News)
Richard "Rick" Robinson, Ph.D., has been appointed LGBTQ Coordinator at the University of Michigan-Dearborn.
Robinson, a well-known anthropologist, lecturer, political consultant, Chief of Staff to Detroit City Council Member Mel Ravitz for 15 years, is also an HIV/AIDS activist/advocate and founding member of Wellness House of Michigan, the first AIDS hospice during onset crisis years to provide housing and home services to HIV/AIDS individuals.
Robinson has worked extensively with many LGBT anti-violence and activists organizations. Most notably he was an advisory board member for the Triangle Foundation for 13 years.
"The University of Michigan-Dearborn is a thriving academic setting with bright and eager students from many diverse backgrounds. I am very excited to assume the role of LGBTQ coordinator. I've been warmly welcomed on campus, and have already had the opportunity to attend Gender Sexuality Alliance (LGBTQ organization) meetings. I'm impressed by their perspective, their willingness to create an active awareness of LGBTQ persons on campus.
"The leadership at University of Michigan-Dearborn places a high priority on campus diversity and inclusion. In the near term, I will be focusing on creating and fine tuning programs and supporting a safe, nurturing environment for LGBTQ students."
- Couples Celebrate Love And Acceptance at LGBT Wedding and Anniversary Expo
- Michigan Same Sex Couples Demand Respect And Equal Treatment
- Judge Takes Up Ban On MI Domestic Partner Benefits
- Ultimate LGBT Wedding Expo A Smashing Success
- Graduating Gay: LGBT Spring Events at Local Universities
- Gay-Owned Espresso & Gelato Shop Finds Niche in Detroit
- Dine Out For Life April 24
- 2014 Good Neighbors = Strong Community Award Recipients Announced
- LGBT Caucus Seating Available At Upcoming MDP Dinner, Bill Clinton To Keynote
- ACLU Files Lawsuit: State Must Recognize Same-Sex Marriages
- GALLERY: The Ultimate LGBT Wedding & Anniversary Expo Runway Show
- BREAKING: ACLU To File Lawsuit: State Must Recognize Same-Sex Marriages
- Albion Students Demand Schuette Resign From College Board
- Equality Michigan Remembers Dr. Henry Messer, April 13
- Affirmations Celebrates 25 Years Of Service At Silver Jubilee
- Saginaw City To Vote On Ordinance
- VIDEO: Affirmations Silver Jubilee Presentation
- Suspect Sketch Released In Ypsi Anti-Gay Attack
- Prominent Detroit Minister 'Comes Out' As Ally
- 'Traditional Marriage' Not The Black Family Reality
- LETTER: One Pastor Comes Out For Marriage Equality