Arts & Entertainment
Detroit Design Festival features LGBT graphic design and illustration exhibit
Originally printed 9/15/2011 (Issue 1937 - Between The Lines News)
The Detroit Design festival, which runs Wednesday, Sept. 21 to Sept. 28, also features an LGBT graphic design and illustration exhibit called "Beyond the Bar: An LGBT Graphic Design and Illustration Showcase."
The Detroit Creative Corridor Center, which promotes the city's creative economy, established this event as a way to help showcase the tremendous talent in Metro Detroit and to help break stereotypes about the LGBT community.
The exhibit takes place on Friday, Sept. 23 from 7-9 p.m. at Start Gallery, 206 E. Grand River.
- Lesbian Couple In Kalamazoo See Home Ruined
- Fifth Annual Hotter Than July Boat Ride A Fun Time
- HTJ Opening Ceremony Draws Large Crowd
- State Rep. Zemke Introduces Bill To Prohibit Conversion Therapy In Michigan
- Good News For LGBT Students At Michigan Universities
- HTJ Pride Picnic Preview
- HTJ Schedule: Warming Up Detroit
- Progressive Detroit Talks On The National Level: Netroots Closeup
- LGBTs Connect At Netroots Nation
- Michigan Healthcare Providers Discuss LGBT Focus Initiatives
- Mark Schauer Comes To Braun Court
- Hotter Than July Preview
- Immigration: Out Of The Shadows
- Choice: Closely Aligned
- Environment: Only Way To Win Is By Working Together
- Housing: 'We Are All In This Together'
- Labor: A Decades Long Partnership
- Two More Openly LGBT Candidates Announce MI Campaigns