Arts & Entertainment
Older adult summit June 12
Originally printed 6/9/2011 (Issue 1923 - Between The Lines News)
Affirmations Community Center will host another Older Adult Summit on June 12.
The event is the second part of a series designed to bring together older LGBT adults to discuss ways that the community can best support and provide services.
The meeting is hosted by a coalition of community members and organizations who are interested in better serving the needs of our LGBT older adults, including: the ACLU of Michigan, Adult Well Being Services, Affirmations, Area Agency on Aging 1-B, Citizens for Better Care, Equality Michigan, Jewish Gay Network, the Jim Toy Community Center and MediLodge of Southfield.
The event takes place from 1-4 p.m. at Affirmations, located at 290 West 9 Mile Road. To register, call 248-812-9202 or go online to http://www.goaffirmations.org.
- Lesbian Couple In Kalamazoo See Home Ruined
- Fifth Annual Hotter Than July Boat Ride A Fun Time
- HTJ Opening Ceremony Draws Large Crowd
- State Rep. Zemke Introduces Bill To Prohibit Conversion Therapy In Michigan
- Good News For LGBT Students At Michigan Universities
- HTJ Pride Picnic Preview
- HTJ Schedule: Warming Up Detroit
- Progressive Detroit Talks On The National Level: Netroots Closeup
- LGBTs Connect At Netroots Nation
- Michigan Healthcare Providers Discuss LGBT Focus Initiatives
- Mark Schauer Comes To Braun Court
- Hotter Than July Preview
- Immigration: Out Of The Shadows
- Choice: Closely Aligned
- Environment: Only Way To Win Is By Working Together
- Housing: 'We Are All In This Together'
- Labor: A Decades Long Partnership
- Two More Openly LGBT Candidates Announce MI Campaigns