Arts & Entertainment
Older adult summit June 12
Originally printed 6/9/2011 (Issue 1923 - Between The Lines News)
Affirmations Community Center will host another Older Adult Summit on June 12.
The event is the second part of a series designed to bring together older LGBT adults to discuss ways that the community can best support and provide services.
The meeting is hosted by a coalition of community members and organizations who are interested in better serving the needs of our LGBT older adults, including: the ACLU of Michigan, Adult Well Being Services, Affirmations, Area Agency on Aging 1-B, Citizens for Better Care, Equality Michigan, Jewish Gay Network, the Jim Toy Community Center and MediLodge of Southfield.
The event takes place from 1-4 p.m. at Affirmations, located at 290 West 9 Mile Road. To register, call 248-812-9202 or go online to http://www.goaffirmations.org.
- Couples Celebrate Love And Acceptance at LGBT Wedding and Anniversary Expo
- Michigan Same Sex Couples Demand Respect And Equal Treatment
- Judge Takes Up Ban On MI Domestic Partner Benefits
- Ultimate LGBT Wedding Expo A Smashing Success
- Graduating Gay: LGBT Spring Events at Local Universities
- Gay-Owned Espresso & Gelato Shop Finds Niche in Detroit
- Dine Out For Life April 24
- 2014 Good Neighbors = Strong Community Award Recipients Announced
- LGBT Caucus Seating Available At Upcoming MDP Dinner, Bill Clinton To Keynote
- ACLU Files Lawsuit: State Must Recognize Same-Sex Marriages
- GALLERY: The Ultimate LGBT Wedding & Anniversary Expo Runway Show
- BREAKING: ACLU To File Lawsuit: State Must Recognize Same-Sex Marriages
- Albion Students Demand Schuette Resign From College Board
- Equality Michigan Remembers Dr. Henry Messer, April 13
- Affirmations Celebrates 25 Years Of Service At Silver Jubilee
- Saginaw City To Vote On Ordinance
- VIDEO: Affirmations Silver Jubilee Presentation
- Suspect Sketch Released In Ypsi Anti-Gay Attack
- Prominent Detroit Minister 'Comes Out' As Ally
- 'Traditional Marriage' Not The Black Family Reality
- LETTER: One Pastor Comes Out For Marriage Equality