Arts & Entertainment
Older adult summit June 12
Originally printed 6/9/2011 (Issue 1923 - Between The Lines News)
Affirmations Community Center will host another Older Adult Summit on June 12.
The event is the second part of a series designed to bring together older LGBT adults to discuss ways that the community can best support and provide services.
The meeting is hosted by a coalition of community members and organizations who are interested in better serving the needs of our LGBT older adults, including: the ACLU of Michigan, Adult Well Being Services, Affirmations, Area Agency on Aging 1-B, Citizens for Better Care, Equality Michigan, Jewish Gay Network, the Jim Toy Community Center and MediLodge of Southfield.
The event takes place from 1-4 p.m. at Affirmations, located at 290 West 9 Mile Road. To register, call 248-812-9202 or go online to http://www.goaffirmations.org.
- State Of Affairs: Crisis In Prevention For Gay Community
- HIV/AIDS Prevention Options
- Detroit Art Scene Shines Every 3rd Thursday
- Affirmations Helpline Revamped
- State Rep. Candidate Jeremy Moss
- DTMC Christmas Concert Dec. 14
- Gala Kicks Off The Season
- Ruth Ellis Bio-pic To Be Screened At Center
- State Of Affairs: Funding Of HIV Programs In Jeopardy
- World AIDS Day Commemorated In Michigan Events
- Eight Michigan Cities Included In HRC Municpal Equality Index
- Michigan 31: Trenton Passes Human Rights Ordinance
- Transgender Day Of Remembrance Lists 242 Killed
- How To Survive A Plague Comes To PBS
- Hope And Understanding For 'Unstably Housed' Youth
- Executive Director For Affirmations Dave Garcia Announces Departure
- Transgender Woman Murdered in Detroit
- Justice For Shelly: Civil Rights Complaint Filed Against Police In Gruesome Murder
- KICK Health Expo Discussions Go Beyond The Basics
- Transgender Workers Are At A High Risk Of Unemployment And Poverty