Arts & Entertainment
Maltese transwoman loses marriage battle
by Rex Wockner
Originally printed 6/9/2011 (Issue 1923 - Between The Lines News)
A Maltese transwoman's battle to get married suffered another setback in late May after the nation's attorney general won an appeal of a ruling that had been in Joanne Cassar's favor. Cassar has been fighting for the right to marry a man since 2006. She won two cases, but later lost both on appeal.
- India's Top Court Recognizes Third Gender Category
- Planned Anti-gay Rally In Ethiopia Cancelled
- India Recognizes 'Third Gender'
- Uganda: Police Raid US Project That Assisted Gays
- Ugandan LGBT Advocacy Group Files Suit In US Against Lively
- Life Goes On For gays In Olympic Sochi
- Gays in Kenya Protest Against Ugandan Bill
- Ivory Coast: Mob attacks gay rights group office