Arts & Entertainment
First Tri City Michigan Pride June 25
Originally printed 5/5/2011 (Issue 1918 - Between The Lines News)
Those living in Bay City, Midland and Saginaw will be able to celebrate their own first-ever Tri City Pride on June 25 this year at Ojibway Island from 1 to 7 p.m. The Rev. Kathy VanBuskirk of Divine Light Interfaith Ministry is chair of Tri City Michigan LGBT Pride and is helping organize the activities. She said the day's events include children's games, guest speakers about LGBT rights, music, food and a drag show lead by Holly Hood Kardashion.
"There's not a lot around this area for the LGBT community," VanBuskirk said. With so much going on in the news about gay marriage and gay rights, "it just feels like it's time," she said. "We need to do something to help bring the community together as a whole."
VanBuskirk anticipates 800 attendees. The organizers are still signing up vendors and booths - if interested, contact VanBuskirk for more information at 989-755-2618.
- Lesbian Couple In Kalamazoo See Home Ruined
- Fifth Annual Hotter Than July Boat Ride A Fun Time
- HTJ Opening Ceremony Draws Large Crowd
- State Rep. Zemke Introduces Bill To Prohibit Conversion Therapy In Michigan
- Good News For LGBT Students At Michigan Universities
- HTJ Pride Picnic Preview
- HTJ Schedule: Warming Up Detroit
- Progressive Detroit Talks On The National Level: Netroots Closeup
- LGBTs Connect At Netroots Nation
- Michigan Healthcare Providers Discuss LGBT Focus Initiatives
- Mark Schauer Comes To Braun Court
- Hotter Than July Preview
- Immigration: Out Of The Shadows
- Choice: Closely Aligned
- Environment: Only Way To Win Is By Working Together
- Housing: 'We Are All In This Together'
- Labor: A Decades Long Partnership
- Two More Openly LGBT Candidates Announce MI Campaigns