Arts & Entertainment
First Tri City Michigan Pride June 25
Originally printed 5/5/2011 (Issue 1918 - Between The Lines News)
Those living in Bay City, Midland and Saginaw will be able to celebrate their own first-ever Tri City Pride on June 25 this year at Ojibway Island from 1 to 7 p.m. The Rev. Kathy VanBuskirk of Divine Light Interfaith Ministry is chair of Tri City Michigan LGBT Pride and is helping organize the activities. She said the day's events include children's games, guest speakers about LGBT rights, music, food and a drag show lead by Holly Hood Kardashion.
"There's not a lot around this area for the LGBT community," VanBuskirk said. With so much going on in the news about gay marriage and gay rights, "it just feels like it's time," she said. "We need to do something to help bring the community together as a whole."
VanBuskirk anticipates 800 attendees. The organizers are still signing up vendors and booths - if interested, contact VanBuskirk for more information at 989-755-2618.
- One Capitol Region Plans To Make Lansing Area 'Discrimination Free'
- Saginaw Equality Float Takes Second Place at Cinco De Mayo Parade
- Contact Theory Changes Minds, Hearts
- Outside The Safety Net
- Book-A-Palooza To Benefit Common Language
- Ferndale Mayor Dave Coulter Announces Run
- Source: Former Michigan Congressman Mark Schauer Will Run For Governor