Arts & Entertainment
First Tri City Michigan Pride June 25
Originally printed 5/5/2011 (Issue 1918 - Between The Lines News)
Those living in Bay City, Midland and Saginaw will be able to celebrate their own first-ever Tri City Pride on June 25 this year at Ojibway Island from 1 to 7 p.m. The Rev. Kathy VanBuskirk of Divine Light Interfaith Ministry is chair of Tri City Michigan LGBT Pride and is helping organize the activities. She said the day's events include children's games, guest speakers about LGBT rights, music, food and a drag show lead by Holly Hood Kardashion.
"There's not a lot around this area for the LGBT community," VanBuskirk said. With so much going on in the news about gay marriage and gay rights, "it just feels like it's time," she said. "We need to do something to help bring the community together as a whole."
VanBuskirk anticipates 800 attendees. The organizers are still signing up vendors and booths - if interested, contact VanBuskirk for more information at 989-755-2618.
- State Politicos Slam Agema's Latest Anti-Gay Screed
- FACT CHECK: Agema Claimed American Airlines Forced By San Francisco To Provide Benefits To Gay Couples
- Tracking What You Don't Talk About: Intimate Partner Violence In The LGBT Community
- When Violence Happens, Call Equality Michigan
- Rudy Serra, State Representative Candidate
- National GOP Committeeman Dave Agema Speaks Against Homosexuality, Again
- State Of Affairs: Crisis In Prevention For Gay Community
- HIV/AIDS Prevention Options
- Detroit Art Scene Shines Every 3rd Thursday
- Affirmations Helpline Revamped
- State Rep. Candidate Jeremy Moss
- DTMC Christmas Concert Dec. 14
- Gala Kicks Off The Season
- Ruth Ellis Bio-pic To Be Screened At Center
- State Of Affairs: Funding Of HIV Programs In Jeopardy
- World AIDS Day Commemorated In Michigan Events
- Eight Michigan Cities Included In HRC Municpal Equality Index