Arts & Entertainment
Obituary: Co-founder of social club and charity in Detroit dies
Originally printed 12/2/2010 (Issue 1848 - Between The Lines News)
Lois Yeagley: Sept. 16, 1950 - Nov. 14, 2010
Lois Yeagley, co-founder of the The Godmothers, a social club that does charity work in Detroit, died Nov. 14. She was 60.
Yeagley spent most of her life in Bloomingfield Hills, Mich., where she resided for 35 years. She graduated from Marian High School in 1967, and she received her B.A. and M.A. in Advertising from Michigan State University. She worked as an advertising executive in the Detroit area. She enjoyed golf, softball, and MSU football.
Yeagley is survived by her dear friends and her dogs, Tanner and Moses, whom she called "her boys."
The funeral was held Nov. 17. Memorial tributes may be made to The Godmothers, located at 7970 Farrant, Commerce Twp., MI 48382 and to Waggs and Wishes, located at 609 Rosewood, Ferndale MI 48220.
- Couples Celebrate Love And Acceptance at LGBT Wedding and Anniversary Expo
- Michigan Same Sex Couples Demand Respect And Equal Treatment
- Judge Takes Up Ban On MI Domestic Partner Benefits
- Ultimate LGBT Wedding Expo A Smashing Success
- Graduating Gay: LGBT Spring Events at Local Universities
- Gay-Owned Espresso & Gelato Shop Finds Niche in Detroit
- Dine Out For Life April 24
- 2014 Good Neighbors = Strong Community Award Recipients Announced
- LGBT Caucus Seating Available At Upcoming MDP Dinner, Bill Clinton To Keynote
- ACLU Files Lawsuit: State Must Recognize Same-Sex Marriages
- GALLERY: The Ultimate LGBT Wedding & Anniversary Expo Runway Show
- BREAKING: ACLU To File Lawsuit: State Must Recognize Same-Sex Marriages
- Albion Students Demand Schuette Resign From College Board
- Equality Michigan Remembers Dr. Henry Messer, April 13
- Affirmations Celebrates 25 Years Of Service At Silver Jubilee
- Saginaw City To Vote On Ordinance
- VIDEO: Affirmations Silver Jubilee Presentation
- Suspect Sketch Released In Ypsi Anti-Gay Attack
- Prominent Detroit Minister 'Comes Out' As Ally
- 'Traditional Marriage' Not The Black Family Reality
- LETTER: One Pastor Comes Out For Marriage Equality