Arts & Entertainment
Obituary: World-travelling consultant and dedicated partner dies
Originally printed 12/2/2010 (Issue 1848 - Between The Lines News)
Thomas J. Moore III: Nov. 3, 1942 - Nov. 7, 2010
Thomas J. Moore III died Nov. 7 of acute respiratory failure following a hip surgery. He was 68.
Moore, who was born in Detroit, graduated from Lincoln Park High School in 1960, and went on to earn an M.B.A. from Wayne State University in 1967. Moore worked as a consultant in data systems project management, travelling to many countries for his work. At the time of his death, he was a consultant for General Motors.
Moore enjoyed the Detroit Institute of Arts, the Hilberry Theatre at Wayne State University, music soundtracks and classic comic books. He supported the Triangle Foundation (now a part of Equality Michigan) and the Community Foundation for Southeast Michigan.
Moore is survived by his partner of 40 years, Dwight Rinke, and family members Elsie Rinke, Donna Rinke and Dawn Hamlin.
Moore requested that his corneas be donated to The Gift of Sight and that his body be cremated.
Donations in Moore's name can be sent to the Hilberry Theatre at Wayne State University at 5475 Woodward Ave., Detroit, MI 48202.
- Lesbian Couple In Kalamazoo See Home Ruined
- Fifth Annual Hotter Than July Boat Ride A Fun Time
- HTJ Opening Ceremony Draws Large Crowd
- State Rep. Zemke Introduces Bill To Prohibit Conversion Therapy In Michigan
- Good News For LGBT Students At Michigan Universities
- HTJ Pride Picnic Preview
- HTJ Schedule: Warming Up Detroit
- Progressive Detroit Talks On The National Level: Netroots Closeup
- LGBTs Connect At Netroots Nation
- Michigan Healthcare Providers Discuss LGBT Focus Initiatives
- Mark Schauer Comes To Braun Court
- Hotter Than July Preview
- Immigration: Out Of The Shadows
- Choice: Closely Aligned
- Environment: Only Way To Win Is By Working Together
- Housing: 'We Are All In This Together'
- Labor: A Decades Long Partnership
- Two More Openly LGBT Candidates Announce MI Campaigns