Arts & Entertainment
Obituary: World-travelling consultant and dedicated partner dies
Originally printed 12/2/2010 (Issue 1848 - Between The Lines News)
Thomas J. Moore III: Nov. 3, 1942 - Nov. 7, 2010
Thomas J. Moore III died Nov. 7 of acute respiratory failure following a hip surgery. He was 68.
Moore, who was born in Detroit, graduated from Lincoln Park High School in 1960, and went on to earn an M.B.A. from Wayne State University in 1967. Moore worked as a consultant in data systems project management, travelling to many countries for his work. At the time of his death, he was a consultant for General Motors.
Moore enjoyed the Detroit Institute of Arts, the Hilberry Theatre at Wayne State University, music soundtracks and classic comic books. He supported the Triangle Foundation (now a part of Equality Michigan) and the Community Foundation for Southeast Michigan.
Moore is survived by his partner of 40 years, Dwight Rinke, and family members Elsie Rinke, Donna Rinke and Dawn Hamlin.
Moore requested that his corneas be donated to The Gift of Sight and that his body be cremated.
Donations in Moore's name can be sent to the Hilberry Theatre at Wayne State University at 5475 Woodward Ave., Detroit, MI 48202.
- ACLU Files Lawsuit: State Must Recognize Same-Sex Marriages
- BREAKING: ACLU To File Lawsuit: State Must Recognize Same-Sex Marriages
- Albion Students Demand Schuette Resign From College Board
- Equality Michigan Remembers Dr. Henry Messer, April 13
- Affirmations Celebrates 25 Years Of Service At Silver Jubilee
- Saginaw City To Vote On Ordinance
- VIDEO: Affirmations Silver Jubilee Presentation
- Suspect Sketch Released In Ypsi Anti-Gay Attack
- Prominent Detroit Minister 'Comes Out' As Ally
- 'Traditional Marriage' Not The Black Family Reality
- LETTER: One Pastor Comes Out For Marriage Equality
- Affirmations Recognizes Outstanding LGBTs, Allies at Silver Jubilee
- Michigan Leaders React To Feds Recognition Of Marriages
- ENDA Lobbying Comes to Michigan
- Transgender Day of Visibility Now World Wide
- White Nationalist Group Files Brief Supporting AG's Appeal In Marriage Ruling
- Sixth Circuit Continues Stay
- Michigan Marriage Ban Struck Down
- New LGBT-run Bakery Brings Organic Goodies to Detroit
- Elected Officials, Advocates Petition Schuette To Drop Marriage Aappeal
- Michigan Makes History With First Marriages
- Discredited Witness Part Of Right-Wing Cabal
- Schauer Celebrates Overturn Of Michigan Marriage Ban